I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights in July. I choose this hotel as it was fairly central for us to visit both downtown San Antonio as well as New Braunfels.
The lobby area is a little dated but don't let this put you off. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfy. The bathroom, which looked to have been renovated fairly recently, was quite large and had a nice size tub which I took advantage of. Normally I wouldn't use the tub, but I was confident this one was clean enough to do so - even the shower curtain (which is usually a tell-tale sign of how clean a bathroom really is) was spotless. Due to the proximity to 35 we were concerned that there would be some traffic noise but we didn't hear any at all. It made for easy access to both downtown and to New Braunfels.
All the staff from check-in, and during the afternoon Kick-back and during breakfast were very friendly. During both the Kick-back and breakfast a member of staff walked around cleaning off tables as people finished and talked with people, asking if anything was needed.
The food was good. Breakfast was fairly typical hotel offerings - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, make-your-own-waffles, bagels, fruit, cereal, etc. The afternoon Kick-back is what sets Drury apart from other hotel chains. Sure, it's just basic snack food (hot dogs, mac and cheese, baked potatoes, pasta and meatballs, chicken tenders, etc) but for people on a budget, or even those (like us) that just don't feel like going back out to eat after a long day touring around it is more than satisfactory. At check-in I also received a card for alcoholic drinks, but didn't use it. On our second night we intended to use the Kick-back as a snack before eating down on the Riverwalk later in the evening, but found we weren't even hungry later on, so that really saved us some money. Thanks to the breakfast and the Kick-back we only had to buy two meals over three days.
Only one tiny quibble - we left the A/C running all the time in order to drown out the noise from the elevator. As it was the middle of July this meant it really wasn't an issue, but just something to be aware of if you are a light sleeper.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and will be looking to book this property again early next year when we bring the kids on a trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast features comfortable rooms and many free extras every day, like a hot breakfast every morning and hot food and cold beverages every evening at our 5:30 Kickback(R). It is just a short drive away from the city's biggest attractions including the San Antonio Riverwalk, San Antonio Zoo and Splashtown San Antonio. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites San Antonio Northeast
- Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast Hotel San Antonio
- Drury Inn San Antonio
- Drury San Antonio
- Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast Texas