“Second stay and still love it”

Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Northeast
Ranked #112 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel, this time with three kids. Still just as happy as we were on our first stay a year ago.

Since we had the kids with us this time, we stayed in a 2 room suite that had two double beds in one room, with a sink area and bathroom separating it from the living room that had a pull-out sofa and a recliner. Both rooms had TVs which was good for letting the kids watch cartoons in one room while we could watch something else in the other.

All the staff were friendly just like before ( I think it was even the same lady checking us in that checked us in a year ago!). They were fine with us turning up at 1.30pm so we could freshen up before heading to the Alamo and Riverwalk. They accommodated our request to have a room away from the elevator (that was one tiny qualm I had from our stay last year.. unless we had the a/c turned up you could hear the elevator going up and down all the time). The lady at the front desk ( I believe her name is Sylvia) also called after we had settled in to check everything was ok and to ask if there was anything we needed. She came up in less than five minutes with the extra towels we asked for.

Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AussieinTexas

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We came back for the 2nd year in a row for our soccer team tournament. Once again they made us happy by having clean rooms, friendly staff, great food and great price. Free food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Free adult beverages, free long distance calls and free wifi! This place is a must, it has all you need and the location is great. I just want to thank the staff for being so nice to our team. Our boys can be loud and make a mess and they were all nice about it. That takes a toll on staff. We will be back for sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jasmeenf
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I must say, this hotel is GREAT! It is clean, the front desk is very helpful, and the food I good, morning, and evenings.. I have a type at least one hundred fifty- seven more characters, why why why? I just want to let the people know that if you are going to be in the windcrest, texas area, this is a very nice hotel to stay in.. Ms Sylvia at the front desk will make you smile as she is very knowledgeable, and great at her job.

Room Tip: all of the rooms are quiet.. 4th (top) floor have the smoking rooms..
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I love the drury chain always accomidating, this one is always good. Staff is friendly, rooms are consist all over the US. The hotel is consistant all over the US as well. You can not go wrong staying at a drury inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for 2 nights in July. I choose this hotel as it was fairly central for us to visit both downtown San Antonio as well as New Braunfels.

The lobby area is a little dated but don't let this put you off. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfy. The bathroom, which looked to have been renovated fairly recently, was quite large and had a nice size tub which I took advantage of. Normally I wouldn't use the tub, but I was confident this one was clean enough to do so - even the shower curtain (which is usually a tell-tale sign of how clean a bathroom really is) was spotless. Due to the proximity to 35 we were concerned that there would be some traffic noise but we didn't hear any at all. It made for easy access to both downtown and to New Braunfels.

All the staff from check-in, and during the afternoon Kick-back and during breakfast were very friendly. During both the Kick-back and breakfast a member of staff walked around cleaning off tables as people finished and talked with people, asking if anything was needed.

The food was good. Breakfast was fairly typical hotel offerings - scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits and gravy, make-your-own-waffles, bagels, fruit, cereal, etc. The afternoon Kick-back is what sets Drury apart from other hotel chains. Sure, it's just basic snack food (hot dogs, mac and cheese, baked potatoes, pasta and meatballs, chicken tenders, etc) but for people on a budget, or even those (like us) that just don't feel like going back out to eat after a long day touring around it is more than satisfactory. At check-in I also received a card for alcoholic drinks, but didn't use it. On our second night we intended to use the Kick-back as a snack before eating down on the Riverwalk later in the evening, but found we weren't even hungry later on, so that really saved us some money. Thanks to the breakfast and the Kick-back we only had to buy two meals over three days.

Only one tiny quibble - we left the A/C running all the time in order to drown out the noise from the elevator. As it was the middle of July this meant it really wasn't an issue, but just something to be aware of if you are a light sleeper.

Overall we enjoyed our stay and will be looking to book this property again early next year when we bring the kids on a trip.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, try to get a room away from the elevator or else you will need to leave...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2013

It is a great hotel, everything was excellent.
The room was clean all the time, the food is really good, both the breakfast and the afternoon snack is delicious.
Please stay here, you won't regret!

Es un grandioso hotel, todo estuvo perfecto.
El cuarto estuvo limpio todo el tiempo, la comida es realmente buena, tanto el desayuno como el snack de la tarde son deliciosos.
Por favor hospedate aquí, no te arrepentiras.

Room Tip: All the suites are really nice, everything was perfect!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I travel to this hotel often for work and always have a nice stay. The front desk staff are very friendly and always seem ready to help with making my stay comfortable and enjoyable. The hotel is not fancy but I always feel at home there, and the prices are reasonable. The morning breakfast is always good. And even though it is near the highway, it is not noisy. There is a Marie Calendars, a Red Lobster, and a Shoneys within walking distance. While I have other choices for my business trips, I always come back to this one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business