“Wonderful Hotel Stay”

Ranked #62 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Alexis Illinois
“Wonderful Hotel Stay”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We recently stayed at the La Quinta Inn, San Antonio airport for 3 nights and then again for another night on the last night of our trip. The staff could not of been nicer. The check-in process was very quick and smooth. We had a smoking room but upon arrival there was no ashtray, after calling the desk they apologized and had one delivered within minutes.

The room itself was very nice, not fancy, but very clean and spacious. Refrigerator and microwave included was nice benefit. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Hotel was quiet making a good nights rest easy to get. We may have been lucky but even other guests were very friendly! Free coffee is in the lobby 24/7 and there is also a 4 cup pot in the room. If you ask at the desk they will gladly give you more packages that you can use in room.

Free breakfast was nice, not a "full" breakfast, yet much better than a continental and completely adequate to start off the day. Loved the Texas shaped waffle! There is a nice patio off the breakfast room, very pretty for sitting out and enjoying the day. We did not use the pool, however the area looked very clean and nice as well.

The hotel also offers an area shuttle that will take you to and from the airport as well as anywhere within a 2 mile radius. They even dropped us at a store and then came back an hour later to take us to the bus stop so we could make the connection downtown. I think we had every driver there was and they were all great, full of suggestions on where to eat nearby. We never waited more than 10 minutes to come or go, and most times only about 5 minutes, was like having a personal chauffeur. Super Benefit for such a reasonably priced hotel.

If you do not have a car, getting to the downtown area is easy. The shuttle will take you to the NorthStar transit stop, which is guarded and seemed very safe. From there you can take several buses to the downtown area, we discovered the #3 to be the fastest as it doesn't stop at all the stops. An unlimited day pass is only 4 dollars or one time fee is 1.20. I would suggest once downtown though to buy the "hop on/ hop off" tour rather than continuing to use the bus system. It seems to be quite good, but can be a bit confusing if you don't know the area. The hop on/off tours, while more expensive are good for 2 days and take you directly to the main tourist areas, very convenient.

Back to the hotel..we had checked out to go to the coast for a few days and then returned to LaQuinta for our final day. When we returned we got there at 10:30 am, way before check in time. There were no rooms ready yet, but they graciously stored and tagged our luggage in a secure closet and allowed us to utilize the shuttle and coffee services even though we hadn't yet checked in which I thought was great.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The area is safe and there are a lot of stores and restaurants within the 2 mile range. Downtown is only about 8 miles away and not a difficult drive.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Kentucky
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I really would have liked this hotel better if anyone knew how to use a vaccum. Maybe I'm picky, but I like my bathroom to have been swept sometime in this year. We requested a couple of times in our four day stay that our bathroom be swept, but it wasn't. Nor was the rest of the room (or the hallway, for that matter). But the beds were comfy, and the staff was super nice. When housekeeping forgot to leave towels, the desk staff brought them up that night (along with extra tissues, soap, coffee, and everything else). The shuttle goes to local shopping areas. Really, if the bathroom had been cleaned, I probably would have rated this a five star.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
San Juan Cosala, Mexico
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The thing I remember most about the hotel is that everyone was exceptionally friendly. They remembered our names and joked with us like we were friends. The room is a little tired, but everything functioned properly and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast had hardboiled eggs, fruit, yogurt and carbs. I would have liked scrambled eggs and sausage as well. The shuttle service took us to North Star Mall for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. The hotel has an extensive list of local restaurants that they'll take you to. For the price, this airport hotel is wonderful.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 3 May 2013

The hotel is situated very close to the airport and provides a shuttle service from around 4am to 11:30pm. The staff is very friendly and helpful and our room was very clean. Breakfast was the best on our whole trip: coffee, tea, juices, waffles, cereals, yoghurt, fruits, scrambled eggs...so I cannot criticize anything at all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Greenville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Although a bit tricky (at least for me) to find, it was very convenient to San Antonio Airport. Very welcoming, clean room and great shower. Good breakfast, too. I would stay here again if I needed a room close to the airport for an early flight.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank TravelinGal920
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed here for business. The staff was very nice and helped me with a question about the local area. My room was not super clean- it was marginally clean. Moldy shower curtain was gross. Fridge in room is nice but this one was excessively loud and I had to turn it off to sleep. Speaking of sleep, this hotel it right by a highway and there is quite a bit of noise. The walls are also thin so I had the pleasure of hearing all the toilets from floors and rooms around mine when they were flushed. If you are on a tight budget I could maybe see it, but this hotel needs a remodel and cleaning in a bad way.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dizizz
Carrizo Springs, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2013

I was tired to drive back to South Texas after taking my Mom to the Airport and decided to look for a Hotel near the Airport..... After going to Best Western and Red Roof Inn. I sttoped at La Quinta and found a comparable rate with Breakfast included.

My Room was clean and quiet, Breakfast was good.

I'll be back.