“Disappointing stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #54 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Disappointing stay”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

In San Antonio for a convention and family mini-vacation, we planned to stay at this La Quinta for 4 nights after receiving a very competitive rate. The stay, however was disappointing and we checked out a day early. The first night, we were placed in a very small room with multiple problems - poor air conditioning, very slow drain in the bathroom, uncomfortable full size beds, broken extra door lock, loud and noisy mini fridge, noisy area directly across from the elevator, dated décor. The next day, we were upgraded to a king suite, but we still felt the bed and sofa bed were well worn and uncomfortable and the air conditioning was less than adequate. The breakfast was very limited and the serving area crowded. The best thing about the hotel, however, was the staff. They were very friendly and did try to help and accommodate out needs. My wife had stayed at this hotel before, but the atmosphere has changed and the hotel needs to be updated.

1 Thank rjlit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. Everything was excellect and clean beyond expectations. The breakfast is delicious and extensive and the shuttle picks up and lets off anytime, anywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel when staying in San Antonio, Texas.

Cedar Park, Texas, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We stayed here from July 4th through the 7th. We booked it because all of the rooms downtown were super high due to a Lutheran Convention being in SA for the week with over 50k kids! After getting there, I am glad we did! Great location, and only 10 minutes from Downtown/Riverwalk area. The staff was friendly and helpful. We did have an issue with the charges however. Upon check-in, I gave them a different CC to charge the room. The following day, my bank notified me that they had charged my card for the reservation, and my girlfriends card. I went to the FD and they had me come back later in the afternoon so that the mgr could handle it as they were unable to. So, I waited and finally spoke with Alicia who was outstanding! She went above and beyond and contacted my bank, faxed them a letter stating that it was their mistake and my bank released the funds for me. All in all, it was a great stay. Room was clean and spacious (we got a corner suite). Hotel was packed with all the kids in town so breakfast was a madhouse, but that was to be expected. We will definitely stay here again next time we visit SA if the rates in down town are too high again!

1 Thank Jody V
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2013

It is a very nice and clean hotel. It has a beautiful pool and I like to rest there every afternoon. The breakfast was very good and I love the hotcakes.
It is useful to have a shuttle that will take you to the mall and the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Kingsville, Texas, USA
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Great place to stay with great employees!
As always we were treated with the utmost efficiency and compassion.
Thank you to ALL the staff at this La Quinta!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family