La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
All reviewssan antonio airportwithin a mile radiusshuttle service isnorth star mallwafflesan early flightroom was cleanrental careasy accesswould stay here againthe breakfast areafree breakfastfree shuttlegreat place to staynice stayconvenient locationgreat room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2014

First time staying at La Quinta and we loved this one. Front desk staff were friendly, lots of info and a shuttle to any of the nearby restaurants or mall available. Room was great - clean, bright and welcoming. Good linens and comfy bed, great wifi and close enough to walk to the mall, box stores and restaurants.
The hotel shuttle was only 5 minutes to the airport - and available as early as 4 am. No need to book and when we went down to catch it at 5 am - the breakfast area was open and stocked! No time to grab more than juice, yogurt and banana but it was great that the desk staff told us to grab something to go! Great service here and it will be our location of choice for return trips to San Antonio!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank muklukmary
Reviewed 28 February 2014

My family and I had the pleasure of staying here earlier this month. The rooms were clean the waffle bar was amazing butt he staff were the stars! I accidentally left something in our room, near and dear to my heart and SO relieved to have it returned to me!! So many other places would have just said "sorry, we didnt find anything"

Bridgette the GM, personally went in search of my items and found that staff had it all bagged up! I cant tell you what their honestly means to me or getting my items back!!! Johanna and Bridgette you guys rock!!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CONNIE P
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of our trip to Texas. The price was good $73/night. The breakfast was fine. The bed was very comfy, the room clean and up to date. The shuttle was great. The hotel is convenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed here for one night in room 428. A king bedded standard room. This is a high mileage airport property with notable wear on walls/elevators/hallways etc from luggage and luggage carts.

PRO’s

• Has older design microwave and fridge.
• 32 inch Samsung flatscreen is now common place.
• Good size work desk with three electrical outlets for electronics.
• The bed was comfortable with very good pillows.
• The outdoor whirlpool was fine as was the conventional pool, but was not heated
• Shuttle service is very good and will take you within a 2 mile radius of the facility which includes the mall and numerous excellent restaurants nearby, including Pappadeaux which is one of my personal favorites.

CON’s

• All of the furnishings show high wear.
• The common areas are unkept and in need of cleaning. Especially elevators.
• Older style tile bath with cultured marble countertops looks dated, although there is lots of counter space for personal items in the bathroom.
• Dated Tub shower combination.
• While close to the airport only minimal airplane noises were heard. Although while outside at the pool vehicle noise is abundant.

Summary

It served my purpose. I wouldn’t spend more than one night here. The price was good and the staff was generally helpful. I would give this property a 80/100 overall and a 85/100 for value. I would consider staying here again at the right price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank YepBeenThere
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Close proximity to airport and rental car return area. Clean, nicely equipped room with microwave & fridge, desk. Quick check in, ample parking. Decent room pricing. Great for an overnight stay before a flight from SAT.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple