La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport
Ranked #51 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Killeen, United States
“Rating”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this location and they have proven that they want to make sure your stay is perfect. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Stop in and take a look at the operation of a first class hotel.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Granbury, TX, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel has gone through a very needed renovation. It is in an easy to get to location near the airport and we have used it for years. Our dogs love it and know all the good places to read pee mail.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 May 2014

this is a great value for an airport hotel. The surrounding neighborhood does not have a lot to offer, but if one is just needing a hotel for connections; or has a car, it isi hard to beat, value for money.

Stafford, United States
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had an exellent stay at La Quinta in San Antonio and will defenetly use this hotel again in my business and personal use. The hotel is going through a remodel but did not disrupt my experience. My family and I are planning a summer trip to San Antonio and will be using this hotel again. The staff was great and very knowlegable of the surrounding area.

El Paso, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This location is undergoing excellent upgrades. I stayed on the 6th floor which is being totally remodeled. Great decor in the suit i stayed in. Nice staff. Great pool area. Close to the airport and rental car locations. Right off the freeway. Pleanty to do around the hotel.

AUSTIN
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I knew there was a reason why I don't stay at this chain but I had forgotten: terrible management. I had requested a handicapped room close to the elevator or breakfast area. On the day of arrival I got a text message telling me my room was ready at 10 AM. "How cool," I thought. How wrong I was.

We checked in at 4 PM and found our 5th floor room not close to the elevator but not that far away. Acceptable. That is, until we opened the door and found towels on the floor and the bed unmade. A call the the desk and an argument with the clerk produced an agreement that she would send someone up with keys to another room, since we have difficulty walking. (She had wanted us to do the round-trip with bags and all. I tried to explain the word "handicapped" to her but they don't teach that at La Quinta training class).

But, no. The phone rang in our un-made-up room a moment later and our un-helpful desk clerk now informed us that she would not be sending anyone up with keys, but if we came down she would give us a handicapped room on the first floor. "OK," I thought, she must be alone at the desk.

When we arrived at the desk I found her talking to two other employees behind the desk. She handed me the keys to our new room, which turned out to be literally as far from the front desk as it possible to be and not be outside the building. So much for my request. After that long walk my wife and I were in so much pain that we surrendered, and took the room.

But not before almost tripping over the electrical cord that stretched in front of our door from a hall outlet to some equipment outside the building. Now even I know that YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO TAPE OVER ANY EXPOSED ELECTRICAL CORD IN A WALKWAY, especially if it is in front of a threshold. I almost had a serious accident. The workman, who saw it, thought it was funny.

The story continues. I tried to plug in my laptop at the work desk but... you guessed it... no electrical outlet. Let me take that back. There was one if you crawl under the desk. Hey management: handicapped people can't do that. So I decided to use their "business center." Big mistake-- that is located at the end of another very long corridor, about as far from the front desk as is possible. And of course when I got there the two machines were in use, so I (and my knees) just gave up. I limped back to my room and vowed to never again stay in La Quinta.

Oh, did I mention that there was major construction underway, with noise and paint and chemical smells everywhere. And did they warn you of this on their website when you make reservations, like reputable chains do? Of course not.

And icing on the cake-- a mediocre breakfast. No hot eggs. I've done much better at the same price point in the same area.

A word to management: the "Boomers" are getting older. People like me are becoming a major part of the traveling public. "Handicapped" doesn't mean wheelchair-bound. It means arthritis, hard to walk long distances, need for grab bars in the bathrooms, and hand-held shower heads. It means a staff that is sensitive to our needs. We will avoid places like yours like the plague. Because it is like a plague to us.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.