“Good Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Kerrville, Texas
“Good Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel previously when we had an early flight. We have referred others to it also. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. It is currently undergoing a renovation and will be even nicer once it is finished. We can leave our car there at no charge and take the shuttle to the airport. The location is convenient to restaurants and shopping and 5 minutes from the airport.
I wish they would start their breakfast earlier, though.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Mcallen, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

horrible experience (elevator flooded) we had to use (everyone) the stairs for the rest of our stay. we were in the 4th floor and find that this was unacceptable due to the fact that there was people yelling profanity at hotel employees when my children were there witnessing all this crap. I twisted my ankle and to this day I still am very sore . I firmly believe that we should have not been charged for that one horrible night

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Ok, so the Memorial Day weekend crept up on me and I screwed up and the only room I could find was the La Quinta by the airport. The location was good and I've stayed at La Quintas before, but...
They charged $200 for a room that is usually $72. The hotel was under renovation and the workmen had jimmied the back entry door so it could not be locked, but the front desk clerk assured me security was their top priority, so much so that she lied to me about it being fixed, but when I left the next day it was still broken. There was dirt, dust, and clutter due to the renovation, they should have discounted the rooms instead of hiking up the price. The breakfast was miserable, and due to the increased occupancy, you had to stand in a line to get it. I am never staying at any La Quinta ever again, I have marked all the holidays still to come and will stay at one of the truly nice places in San Antonio, not this pit.

Room Tip: Find any other chain hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Laredo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is being remodeled and it is looking beautiful compared to the way it was. I have stayed at this hotel over the years since it was first built and it was already looking rundown. The facelift that it is going through is outstanding and I will surely be staying here whenever I travel to San Antonio, Tx

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

San Antonio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were at a small conference for teens at this hotel and the A/C did not work. It was an all day conference and no water was ever served to us! Our bed in our room didn't even have a op sheet and none of the lamps were plugged in or even the A/C! THIS IS TEXAS folks...it's HOT!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Raton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

On arrival some construction going on in lobby area. Lobby was more impressive than room. Felt cramped, but I believe it was clean. I wish hotels would include mopping of bathroom floors. Extensive area for breakfast which I'm sure is necessary to accomodate the number of guests at this large facility. Location was excellent, close to airport, restraunts, and major highways.

Killeen, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this location and they have proven that they want to make sure your stay is perfect. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Stop in and take a look at the operation of a first class hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business