Hampton Inn San Antonio - Northwoods
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewstilted kiltshopping and restaurantsroom was cleaninternet servicestay there againeasy accesswould recommend this hotel to anyonecomplimentary breakfastwe've stayedfront desk clerkwafflesthe breakfast areahome away from homefiesta texasbusiness tripexcellent hotelsix flags
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times over the last three years, mainly for business, but also for personal travel. The property is consistently clean with an outgoing staff. The location offers easy on/off of 1604 and quick access to 281. The area has multiple restaurants with anything you could want within a few minutes.
Clean rooms, comfortable beds, friendly staff and convenient location, that is why it is my first choice in northern San Antonio.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Rooms were $100/night. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. I was hoping for a happy hour like so many places are starting to do but they do not offer one. This was ok because the price was decent and the rooms clean, good wi fi, powerful shower. Breakfast was weak and the toaster was broke but again the price wasn't bad. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Staff is extremely courteous and took care of any needs I had. The rooms were clean and the facilities were very well maintained. I will refer anyone going to San Antonio to stay at The Hampton on Gold Canyon Drive.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed 28 August 2013

I visit San Antonio about every 2 weeks on business and usually stay at the Hyatt Place at Stone Oak. I thought I would try the Hampton for a change on a three night trip just to see what they had to offer.

The first room They gave me smelled terribly of air freshener - as if they were trying to cover something up. Always beware of heavy deodorant smells - it nearly always means someone has smoked, vomited, spilled booze, or they are trying to cover up a mildew smell. The next room seemed OK, but after a while I noticed my papers becoming soft and the floor feeling damp / wet. Then I started to get chilled as the dampness became very apparent. I realized that the carpet was essentially wet - as if it had been flooded or steam cleaned but never really dried. Even with the AC running the dampness got into my clothes and everything.

Interestingly when I asked to change rooms the next morning there wasn't even a hint of an apology for the inconvenience.

The third room was OK but there was a big black hair on the sheets when I rolled them back. Plus there was a mild mildew smell. There are only paper and styrofoam cups so I went down to the lobby to politley ask for a real glass and coffee cup. The answer I got was, well, classic. The lady said "we don't have anything real here". Literally. I almost laughed.

So I had my coffee in leaking waxed paper cups, slept in my mildew smelling room, and vowed to stay with the Hyatt Place in future. They have real coffee cups and glasses - which are sanitized and used again, protecting the environment and giving customers a more classy experience.

Get "Real" Hampton.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The hotel was what I expected. Very clean room and bathroom and quiet. The breakfast bar was sort of skimpy, but other than that it was good. The hotel is surrounded with shopping and restaurants. Would most definitely return!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family