“What a great place to eat!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Harlandale
San Antonio, Texas
“What a great place to eat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

My wife and I accidentally discovered this neighborhood gem when we were looking for a different restaurant in the same neighborhood. We have been so impressed with the chef, the food and the service that we have been back probably 10 times in the past three months. Although they don't take reservations, if you get there around 6pm you will never have a problem being seated. We love this restaurant with it's ambiance and abundant wine list, it's a must do in this part of town.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank mccoycr1

San Antonio, TX
“Best meal for the money in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

An experienced and talented chef preparing authentic Italian cuisine await you, along with a great wait staff. The menu is limited and changes weekly, but after a dozen visits I have had uniformly excellent dining at this small trattoria. Very upscale interior but limited seating. And the pricing makes this the best deal I town. Well curated wine list featuring only Italian offerings, so rely upon your waiter. I have never been misled.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“I'm happy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

I just returned from a wonderful lunch at Rossini's Italian Bistro. I have eaten there before and have always enjoyed it. The service was excellent, and the food was wonderful. Two of my friends had the flounder and reported that it was excellent. One had the tilapia and said it was also excellent. I had the farfalle and spinach which I thoroughly enjoyed. The menu is small and is manageable. We were celebrating a birthday for one of the group. The owner surprised us with a slice of lovely lemon tart appropriately decorated. It was very festive and fun. Our server was just great. We could not ask for more. Will go back again.

• Visited September 2012
“Won't return-Won't recommend”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

We dined at this Castle Hills strip-mall restaurant with two other couples on a Saturday evening in mid-July, at our friends' recommendation. We had advanced reservations for dinner as they only have a dozen tables.
The restaurant temperate was extremely warm, as though their AC unit was not functioning properly and all of us were very uncomfortable throughout our dinner.
Jason was our waiter and provided very good service.
I selected the caprese along with penne with chicken in a tomato cream sauce. Hubby had a garden salad and fettuccine with meat sauce. For dessert, we shared tiramisu, which the waiter claimed it was imade in-house.
First disappointment - the caprese tomatoes were unripe. One would expect ripe and tasty tomatoes in the middle of the summer.
Second disappointment - it was a hunt for the chicken with the penne and what I found was the size of nickels.
Third disappointment - penne tomato cream sauce - very bland.
Fourth disappointment - fettuccine was sitting in water!
Fifth disappointment - no risotto on their menu.
Sixth disappointment - tiramisu tasted as tho it was a pre-packaged or frozen dessert.
We definitely won't return and will not recommend to anyone.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Wonderful atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is a small family owned and run italian restaurant -- upper scale but not so formal that you cannot go in casual. The chef owner does his own menu and cooking and it is delilcious. I recommend the homemade ravioli and my husband loves the pork chop or steak. It is not
downtown but is worth the drive if you are looking for a quiet and pleasant dining experience.

• Visited July 2012