“Not the best, but not all that bad, either!”

Knights Inn and Suites San Antonio Downtown/Market Square
Ranked #313 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Edmonds, Washington
“Not the best, but not all that bad, either!”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked the hotel about three weeks in advance and am happy with it overall. The price is good, the room was bigger than I expected, the staff was friendly, the continental breakfast was good (I loved the waffles!) and it was an easy local bus ride to downtown. too bad the pool water wasn't warm, i would have liked to go swimming. It wasn't the best hotel, but for the price it wasn't too bad either. Actually pretty good for someone on a budget, like me. the one thing that I absolutely did NOT like was the fact that they have a washer and dryer on the 2nd floor and the washer didn't work and they didn't tell me. so now I have dirty clothes to carry around for a couple days. And I didn't find out the washer wasn't working until I walked to the convenience store and got laundry soap because they didn't have any at the front desk to sell. Why have a washer and dryer if your not going to sell the little boxes of soap to use?

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Turkish first
Orange, Massachusetts
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I booked this hotel because I was there for my sons graduation at Lackland AFB. The pictures they show online don't even come close to what they are really like. The sheets and bedding was dirty and so were the floors. There were wires hanging from the ceiling where the smoke detectors should have been. The drawers were broken and the person at the front desk hardly spoke at all. Called front desk because I needed towels and no one answered. The comforter on the bed was ripped and had several burn holes in it. This was supposed to be a NS room. Some of the electrical outlets were broken. If I had known what these rooms were like I would have never stayed there. Suffice to say I would NEVER stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler2642014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

This place is disgusting & needs to be shut down by health & safety officers ASAP! It's in a bad/unsafe area which could hardly be called 'downtown' as advertised! Cracked floor tiles everywhere, we stepped out of the elevator & the whole floor stunk of cigarette smoke including our room which was apparently a 'non smoking room' the bed & sheets look nothing like the photos, maybe one day they were white but not anymore, yellow stains & cigarette burns all over them & the rest of the room. Smoke alarm had been torn off the roof & put on the desk, lights broken/missing. Bathroom also has cigarette burns & black pubic hairs everywhere, small white towels look like rags & guest laundry is one washing machine & dyer that doesn't even work & looks like housekeeping has never cleaned in there! Also people smoking weed on our floor & shady looking people everywhere! Don't let the price hook you in & book a room here! I'd rather sleep in my car than here, both my partner & myself were sick if we stayed @ this place too long! DISGUSTING!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paige F
Hutto, Texas
Reviewed 15 February 2014

unfriendly service. no towels in room & when asked the front desk he said without even looking there is none til morning. no ice bucket. no ice onlyon 1st floor. only givin 1 key 2 room. it would be a gd hotel if these things were provided like every other place I've stayed.

• Stayed February 2014
Reviewed 7 January 2014

When I arrived at the hotel I was given a room key to a room that had somebody already in it. I booked through Expedia and payed for only a one queen-size bedroom. I guess because of the room mixup with the first keys she gave us a bigger room. The room was nice and had one king bed and a sofa bed and a little kitchenette. Overall this hotel is not bad for the price! The staff was very nice I even booked an extra night and got to keep my same room! The bed was very comfy yea there was a few stains but nothing too bad the bathroom toilet did have an odd smell but that was honestly the only thing that bothered me about the room. The breakfast needs improvements and the housekeeping needs to know not to knock over and over again when you simply say no service but yes I would book this hotel again! Oh ps. I did look at the room with the one queen bed it was very small and probably would have made me very unhappy with this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I will be 100% honest when I write this.
I came to San Antonio for my husbands graduation from LACKLAND AFB. Due to the cost of flight and rental car I was on a budget for hotel.
Knights inn was only $30 a night so I booked it.
Honestly the location is great. 2
Miles from downtown and about a 10-15 min drive to the base.
The hotel itself is old. Definitely needs updating. The room was ok, the bedding was very gross with stains. The bed was comfortable though and I did sleep well. The only sound issue is a train goes by once in a while.
The room was spacious but gross. Hardly cleaned, drawers broken, curtains broken, not sure the last time it was vacuumed.
For the week it was fine and it kept me in budget and my expectations were very low for $30 a night.
Oh and the continental breakfast sucks.
Probably wouldn't stay here again but it did the job for the week.

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

First of all, I don't know what people are exactly saying here but my room n service wasn't bad at all. The front desk staff was very friendly, the lobby n elevator were clean too. Hallway could've been better cleaned or just shampooed. Rooms were nice and location is real close to downtown. Breakfast is okay. Wish they put fresh fruits. But overall stay was great and I would sure go back. The staff is very friendly and if you have a issue jus to talk to them and they will take care of u.

Roger Allen