“Good Burger” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Good Burger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

This review is for the Willie's at Leon Springs on IH-10. Excellent burgers and fries for $6.95. It's not fine dining, paper towels for napkins, silverware in paper sleeves, but if you want a quick lunch, it's a pretty good deal. Order at the counter, get your drink and find a table. Friendly waitress will bring your food and be your cashier. Rustic atmosphere, a bit loud.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
“My Go-To for quick, reliable delicious catfish and shrimp.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Casual for sure, but excellent dishes at a very good value. Burgers excellent. Catfish excellent. Grilled shrimp salad excellent. One desert can feed a family...huge. I'm here once a week.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank RK O
Dallas, Texas
“What you expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Came here for lunch and its about what you expect. The food is ok and for $10 not a bad deal. I'd go here again if invited for lunch...but I wouldn't chose to go here.

Visited March 2013
San Angelo, Texas
“Good burgers, good service !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

We went a couple of times during lunch, got there early so it was not busy yet. I enjoyed the burger a lot. Not a big fan of ordering at the counter and getting your own drinks then sitting down, the service was very good for us after sitting down during our visits. We liked it and we will visit again.

• Visited December 2012
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great service, food and prices close to Camp Bullis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

Willie's is one of a few restaurants close to Camp Bullis and Loop 1604, so more often than not it's a choice restaurant for lunch (sometimes it's the neighboring Italian restaurant). I find the entire system of ordering quite expeditious. You approach the desk, they take your order, and give it to you to be given to the server. You grab a drink among the ones lined out for your convenience, find a table (inside or outside) and wait. Your server handles everything from there on. I ordered grilled salmon with no salad and extra vegetables. My server (and each time I went I had a great server) brought out the dish that smelled heavenly. In fact, each part of the dish - salmon, sauce, rice, broccoli, carrots, it was all delicious across the board. Whether I'm in a hurry or not, my servers adapt to me, which I find amazing.

There's plenty of seating outside, which is good in San Antonio. You have everything you need on your table, from utensils inside small paper sacs, to paper towels, and salt and pepper inside emptied Corona bottles. All condiments are easily reached,and the staff is very responsive in case you need anything. At times it gets windy, some birds come into the area wanting some of your food, and dust flutters around. Those birds are somewhat unnerving, and make me wish I had a concealed weapon. But I don't.

For the food they're selling and service, this restaurant would have gotten the highest marks. However, it seems that it's not easy keeping the outside clean, so that's the only minus so far. Bon apetit!

• Visited December 2012