“Great family setting on north side of San Antonio”

Willie's Grill & Icehouse
Ranked #504 of 4,918 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 October 2013

With a four year old granddaughter who always says "let's go to Willie's" the place is familiar. For her it's the sand box in one corner of outdoor tables, plus the Mac and Cheese. The rest of us like it for informal atmosphere, great Margaritas at a decent price, and a good variety of menu items. Servings are really generous and tasty. My favorites are Catfish, Burgers, and Gumbo. My wife is partial to huge slice of Chicken Fried Steak.

1  Thank NEToppy

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Great atmosphere for the family. I got the BCB and fries and sat down with my drink. The kids got their corn dog baskets and the boss got the catfish. She usually tries something different and speaks well of them all. I always get the burger and try to find something different from the last time in the decor. The kids have graduated from the sandbox, so they gravitate towards the arcade corner. They return with "unbelievable" stories of how they couldn't win at the claw machine (they will learn someday - I hope). All sorts of Americana on the walls and vinyl floor tiles on the table. It is definitely not a sterile environment, but it is lively and super casual. Feels good to relax and not worry about the kids talking too loud or getting bored. The fried pickles and burgers are good, although I prefer the Longhorn for freshness. I prefer Willies for the atmosphere. Parking can be tight, usually packed when we go there. Waitresses friendly and food is served quickly in your basket and utensils and condiments on table. Huge assortment of bottled beer in coolers on your way in and several on-tap. Enjoy

Reviewed 16 September 2013

This review is for the Leon Springs location... I like the ice house atmosphere, the burgers and shrimp subs are good. We ate on the patio and the service was sketchy... I don't understand why I need to leave a tip when we had to refill our own beverages. The only thing the server did was bring our food and bill. This is the service I get at Taco Cabana.

1  Thank Debra B
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Willie's really has a road house atmosphere. They feature an ice box enclosure featuring their fresh catch and cuts as you walk in to place your order. The place was clean and the music was nice and loud. They have a nice sized outdoor patio for those who prefer the outdoor venue. The blackened tilapia was good. The fried appetizers were not too greasy. I thought the pool table on the ceiling was a nice touch to the ambiance. Their waitresses wore booty shorts.

1  Thank Cindy A
Reviewed 16 August 2013

great marketing good friendly environment the food is inexpensive. there is plenty of room for large groups and something for everyone.