“Probably The Best Ceviche in San Antonio”
Review of Rocotos Grill

Rocotos Grill
Ranked #535 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian, Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Woodlawn Lake
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Very friendly staff; very good lunch specials, and their ceviche is some of the best I've had anywhere; been in Panama (to me best ceviche in the world), Miami (very good Peruvian rest), and now San Antonio, and their ceviche is just as good. We go there every time we have a chance and cravings for ceviche.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Just got back from a 10 day stay in Cuzco and Lima, and it was a pleasant surprise to find great food from Peru, the pollo asado was very good so was Lomo saltado the menu includes many of Peru's dishes including chicha morada and of course Inka cola, we definitely would go back to try their choclo, ceviche and many other dishes.
Prices are very reasonable and portions are a good size..
Service was attentive and prompt, restaurant was very clean.

would recommend to others.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

The ceviche was good if you like it Peruvian style. My tostones were not how I like them (soft inside and crispy out) but were not bad either. The natural juices aren't necessarily "natural" (likely Goya) if you are used to the ones you would get anywhere else in Latin America. I would return to give them another try.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

All Spanish food isn't Mexican, and this is the place to widen your horizons. I began my meal with a guanabana smoothie and tostones. This food rivals my mothers cooking, and that is saying a lot! My group also had mango smoothies, which I tasted, and could taste the freshness in this flavorful drink, as well. My order of ceviche was tasty and filling. The original flavors came out to kiss my tastebuds to a new level. The sauces that the foods came with were varied and mouth-watering. Give this place a try, and then go back to try each dish at least once. Enjoy!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Went to Rocoto's for lunch with a co-worker, and I was pleasantly surprised. The restaurant is located in a strip mall so I was under the impression that it was going to be more "fast food" than gourmet. The place was very clean and the food was excellent. Had the "pollo en salsa rojo" and it was delicious. Comes with your choice of rice and salad. Not a lot of food but, it was enough for the lunch special price. Very Good!
(This review may look like a duplicate but, I accidentally signed in with a different email address the first time.)
Went back again, on a Sunday after church with a big group and it was still excellent!