“For the price” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #236 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“For the price”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

I stayed at the Fiesta location. Was disappointed because the photos were better. First room had broken locks, so I requested another room. I was told they would upgrade me to a newly renovated room for free. Well, it was not much better, but not renovate. New tub surround, and hair dryer looks like. Very old and musty. Cleaning crew should be replaced because they ate not doing their job. Staff was great!

There were very tiny roaches, so I did buy bug spray and spray, so far three times. I also bought bleach and sanitized the kitchen, bathroom, dining, and vanity area. I feel better now.

Since I was staying for a little over 3 weeks, I did get a great discount. So, can't complain there. Looks like Roadway Inn bought this location, so I'm convincing myself they are just in the remodel stage, and I came at a bad time.

Nonetheless, it's okay for the price I paid.

Room Tip: Ask to see their best, newly renovated rooms first. I prepaid my room prior to trip, with no refund...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2012

We reached this destination a little later then expected. We had a 16 hour drive to see my husband graduate basic training. When we got there we quickly needed a room and then leave for the base, well nothing was quick at all! I had to talk to a very, very rude individual on a phone hanging by the front door and it took 25 mins just to get my key. Once we got to the room extremely exhausted it was decent. It wasn't very clean at all, especially the bathroom. The bathroom was gross! later that night I went to renew my key and pay for the stay. The lady at the front desk was nice and quickly got us more towels and i asked her if i could check out first thing in the morning because we had to leave Texas right after the rest of his graduation. She said that I could. Monday - Friday they are supposed to open the office at 7 a.m and close at 8 p.m. and after wating 30 mins past 7 I gave up on trying to turn in my key. Nobody answered the office phone and I grabbed the phone by the door again, still no help at all!! You can barely hear on the phone in the first place and they were not helpful at all. i got tired of waiting and just left. I was very irritated!! Especially when we had to rush to see him graduate.

Room Tip: Just don't go here. there are other cheap motels.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2010

I checked in with my kids due to a military transfer. The room was ok although it could use a renovation. The stove was rusted, the bathroom looked really old and had stains. All was well until the noisy family with a toddler moved in for their week stay. The child was horribly behaved. The parents didn't care how she acted and she would throw tantrums at all hours and run around the room. I complained to the office. They tried to talk to the guest and it caused an argument, Management said they couldn't do anything but move us to a smoking room (my kids have asthma) so that won't work. They refused to make these people leave even though they tried to retaliate against me.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2009

Mid November 2009, my husband & i drove from Miami FL to El Paso TX staying at motel 6's all along the way. (Tallahassee FL, Lake Charles LA and San Antonio TX). The hotel was in the process of being remodeled and we stayed in one of the new rooms. It was the best of all the rooms on our trip. Looked much better than the picture on the website. Very comfy bed, nice TV, decor was new and clean and actually really cute. Great water pressure, lots of fluffy towels.....they REALLY did a great job on this place. I read a few of the earlier reviews saying it was dirty....so i guess the remodelling was needed! In any case, i would highly recommend this motel. We were only there 1 night but it was great.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mendosgirl
Ca
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

They don't tell you till AFTER you check in that the room is cleaned only ONCE per week, and trash is taken out only once per week. For me that meant the bed was not changed or even made up till the day before my departure.
The trash was taken out on a different day than the room was cleaned.
There were smashed flies on the ceiling from a previous guest, floor was not the cleanest, stove was dirty, Bathroom fixtures were rusted and could really use a good cleaning.
The fridge was warm inside and smelled when opened.

Oh and best of all, they don't even supply shampoo to wash your hair with, they direct you to a vending machine for that.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2009

Found this place to be less than appealing. Somekind of junk in the airconditioner vent, looked like clumps of possibly rat poop, really gross---which could have easily been vacuumed up if cleaning staff cared enough. Then shower had mold on tiles in several areas--again if cleaned well this would not be there. Hair all over the floor, not well mopped. I could have handled this place if it had just been clean but it wasn't. The fridge was clean, did not care about the cooktop so did not really inspect this. The shower had very little flow, hardly enough to get the soap out of my hair. Also if you want to use internet, have to purchase a $5 card, not included. Just wasn't a comfortable stay for me. Cheap? Yes, get what you pay for here.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2008

I prepaid for several weeks and checked in. I left the following morning. The room was disgusting and very moldy. The fridge had mold growing all over and the stove top and counter were atrociously dirty. This place is truly a dump. The staff was courteous and I was refunded in full with no problems. I really can't imagine why anyone would stay there unless they were near homeless and had no choice.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled solo