“Great food and service!”
Review of Thai Lao Orchid

Thai Lao Orchid
Ranked #800 of 4,782 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: East Side
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

We went at a peak time. The service was phenomenal. Not big on this type food but it was great for the type. We were initially at a table were the sun was beating down on us and when the server Maria realized it she moved us to a cooler shaded table. Couldn't ask for better!

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The crew here definitely has a panang curry that has an authentic taste and can turn up the heat if you ask for it. However, I can't let this dish just get away with no one knowing about it at a price of over $12.00. This dinner portion didn't even make the size of a lunch portion anywhere else I've been. The order was placed in-store for take-out 10 minutes later. The vegetables in the curry were practically non-existent with the exception of a handful of cut green beans. I can't think of another thai place that has curry with such a small amount of produce. I can't even remember one day later what other vegetables may have been included. I've been here before and don't remember being ripped-off this badly let alone at all. I will have to give this place a 3rd try..but with all the other options in the area, it will be atleast a year before I may decide to return. Smallest portion ever, puny amount of vegetables, less than a half-cup of undercooked rice that was nowhere near sticky, at a price of over $12.00. I just can't do it again anytime soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

This restaurant just opened a location in Spring Branch, north of San Antonio. We tried it last night and it was amazing!! This will be a new favorite for us and will save us from driving into San Antonio for an excellent meal!! If you are north of the city and looking for a good place to stop try Thai Lao Orchid in Spring Branch!

Reviewed 2 April 2013

This very small restaurant is walking distance from the Alamo. Excellent prices and service. Very good food. I had the chicken clay pot and my friend had the chicken curry. Will definitely go there again.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

We loved it for dinner and thankfully we have a few more days as we will definitely be returning.

Basic unpretentious interior but we were there for the food and the best Thai in Texas was what we experienced. I'm a lover of Fresh Spring Rolls and these were super! We like heat thus we asked for the fish water with chopped peppers along with the sauce it normally comes with - YUMMM!

The kind of place you want to see thrive so that it'll be there the next time in town. Chicken Satay, Tom Yum soup, Tofu options, Pad Ginger, Pad Thai, Panang, Massaman, Red, Yellow and Green Curries, Pan Seared Red Snapper or Salmon, Seafood Clay Pot, Larb Kai (traditional Thai-Lao dish; minced grilled chicken seasoned with freshly squeezed lime, lemon grass, red onions, cilantro, & scallion), description taken from menu. So many enticing dishes to choose from and I didn't even get to the house specialties.

This is their downtown location. I imagine the sushi is available at another location. This one more than satisfied us!

Do enjoy!

Address is 116 Broadway Street. Steps from attractions. The Alamo Is very close. And don't be turned off by the basic appearance. Everything is clean, veggies very fresh & crunchy, awesome flavours and excellent value. 5 Star!