“What do you expect from a Motel 6?” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel 6 San Antonio South

Motel 6 San Antonio South
Ranked #226 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Trafalgar
“What do you expect from a Motel 6?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

I do not book stay at Motel 6's and neither did I this time. This booking was made for me before. The last time I stayed at a Motel 6 was over 10 years ago and it was not a good experience. I must say that this week long stay was not that bad. This is a typical Motel 6, economical and cheaply kept. However, the owners give you the best service they can for the price. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. The bathrooms were clean and spacious. The A/C worked great. There was a swimming pool available but we did not use it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012 via mobile

I was very disappointed in this motel. For the price, you don't get much. We always stay in budget motels and this was $30 more than the last place we stayed and we got far less for the money. Plus it was the noisiest room we have stayed in the past 10 years, and we travel a lot.

Rate was $69 per night plus tax for a double bed, around $82 total. No fridge or microwave in the room. There was sufficient area to move around in, but after 10:00 pm, the noises actually woke me from a sound sleep. First was a popping noise in the wall (pipes expanding?) that lasted several minutes and I could hear water draining through the sewage pipes in the wall by my head. Neighbor next door was making a 'rhythmic banging' on the wall for around 10 minutes. Could hear kids' pounding running footsteps above plus a woman shouting at them.
This was a smoker's room, the bedspread and blanket all had burn holes in them. Stains on the hand towels. The bathroom faucet couldn't be shut off completely; bathroom light took several minutes to illuminate; no kleeex available.
Front desk staffer was noticeably friendlier to Spanish speakers.
If you're driving up from the south and ready to 'fall out' at the first place you'll see (this motel), you'd be better off to keep driving a few more miles no matter how tired you are.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Cunneth
Alexandria, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Overflowing garbage bins, heavily-stained carpet in the hallways, grimy glass on exterior doors... an overall sense of griminess, especially in the common areas. One plus was the front desk staff--courteous, quick and very helpful both times I interacted with them. I have not stayed in a Motel 6 for 20 years and probably will not ever stay in one again based on my experience at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Emmaus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

Not a bad room in many ways; good size, clean, and nice beds, but the walls were so thin we could hear the neighbors every movement. On the plus side it had nice beds and a fridge, and is in a nice neighborhood.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Greenbrier, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2007

After a long and treacherous drive from Dallas in never-ending rain, we arrived in San Antonio weary about our stay. The motel was located near some lower income housing but the area was equipped with an average shopping mall. The room was moderately clean, some grime located in crevices of the shower. I had to ask for some new blankets, because the others had some hair and hardened spots on them from over-heating in the dryer. This motel was furnished with a laundry, located on the second floor, but much to my dismay, the washers were either broken or filthy. If you are trying to locate a cheaper motel in San Antonio, you are going to have much luck. The "nicer" motels are located near SeaWorld or the Riverwalk, which are both great attractions to visit except for the $50 entrance fee at SeaWorld. These motels are quite nice, BUT EXPECT TO PAY BIG!!

• Liked — inside corridors
  • Disliked — location/ value
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank Jennifer C
Laredo, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2007

Coming back from Japan, I was in no mood to take another 2 hour drive back to my hometown so I booked this motel to stay the night. Right off the bat, the lady on the phone was a screaming, rude and nasty person. She gave me the third degree about cancelling once I reserve the room and started threatening me with things like if I brought more people over, I would be charged. I said "Ok, we'll be right over" and she started yelling NOT to bring more people over! I proceeded to correct her by saying my friends would be helping me with luggage and I hung up the phone.

When I arrived, she did some more yelling and said that if I even had one person set foot into the room, I would be charged. I was offended because naturally, I had a lot of heavy luggage and my friends were merely going to help me take it down into the room (they both lived there in san antonio). The receptionist just yelled that no, she would not allow even that.

So once I finished filling out all the paperwork, the lady proceeded to threaten me one more time by saying "and don't you DARE bring anyone into that room, we'll be watching!" I simply nodded and went to my room, being that i coud not cancel my reservation. Needless to say I had a very restless night wondering if I was being watched in my own room.

When I checked out the next day, there was a different receptionist and equally rude (YOU BETTER have cleaned out your room!). I dont know, but I do not like being yelled at like if I was a child. I felt treated like a criminal even though I had no intentions of having my friends over.

The room itself was very nice and spacious, very clean and tidy - everything in tip-top shape. I would have stayed there again but the owners are just so rude that I would never set foot in this hotel ever again. I wrote to Motel 6 to complain and I just recieved a "we're sorry." Personally, if you can tolerate rude and nasty people, go ahead and stay here, if not, find another hotel that will treat you well.

• Liked — Clean, tidy rooms
  • Disliked — The Staff!!!
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled solo
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Delita_chan
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2005

A brand new property, clean, nice. One of the nicer Motel 6's we've stayed at and worth the money. Definitely recommend it. The only problem with all the Motel 6's we've stayed in is that they have paper-thin walls...every last one of them, new or old. If you have earplugs, always take them. But this one was fairly quiet and we got a good night's sleep...so no complaints. And it was clean also, and that counts a lot.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member