“Disgusting!”

Motel 6 San Antonio West - Seaworld
Ranked #239 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
“Disgusting!”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

First of all I have stayed at many hotel 6 motels but believe me they are NOT all the same. When we checked in we were told that we were charged a higher rate even though I made the reservation through motel 6. It ended up that they charged us the correct rate after some investigating. The key we were given didn't work. When we got in the room there was urine on the toilet which I have a picture of, stains in the sink and stains on both bedspreads. The area is SCARY. The price I paid was not worth it! I wish we would have stayed at the Red Roof Inn for a few more dollars. At least we would have gotten breakfast with it. All I can say is dont leave the light on please because I don't want to find you!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Pammantooth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Halmstad, Sweden
Reviewed 3 March 2013

No towels, worn down, ants in the bathroom, mouse in the room.... yes really a mouse, not so strange considering the gap underneath the door.
Luckely I wasn´t travelling with the family, my wife would have refused staying there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MikaelJ73
Knob Noster, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We started our stay in San Antonio at this Motel 6, we quickly learned that there is a reason for the low price. Bad area, super small rooms! I will say that the staff was very helpful, friendly and did what they could to make the stay enjoyable. We had to cut our stay short there...they were understanding. FYI, there is on duty security after 10 pm.

Room Tip: for 2 people, maybe...more than that...find another Hotel.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Steve K
Reviewed 3 June 2012

I stayes here in friday and sat may 31-june 1. For the orice i got online with a promo code, i only pd 137 total for non smoking 2 full beds. If you cant sleep with noise i suggest you bring a loud fan to drown out highway and pool noise especially if your room is right by the pool. Our room was really small no dresser and smelt awful but for the price i cant complain. Its actually 8 miles from seaworld not 5.4 like site says. There was a security guard onsite walking parking lot. There was a cawbweb behind door. On our second night there i saw a motel 6 pamphlet there it states to hang ur towels that u want to reuse and they usually was linens every third day sumthin about going green. But that if you want clean linens everyday contact front desk. Beds are ok but its just one matress no box springs. Front desk worker was polite. If you are trying to save money and arent all that pickey this place is ok like i said for the price i payed.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank mtirado25
South Texas
Reviewed 31 May 2012

My family and I stayed here, we had two rooms. The rooms here are newly renovated, the room that my son and I were in was clean and I had no problems with it. The only problem I complained about was the internet wouldn't connect at first and when it did, the service was okay. My parents had the other room two doors down, when they first walked in it was okay. Then they closed their door and right behind the door was a pile of dirt, as if they had attempted to clean it and tried to hide it. My mom called the front desk and they sent someone to clean it up. Then my mom decided to take a nap and she picked up the blankets on the bed and there was dirt all over the bed. It looked like the housekeeping just fixed the bed and didn't change the sheets or even attempt to clean the dirt off. The front desk was called again and the lady in the front said they change the sheets every other day or every two days, I dont remember which one it was. Im sorry but I would want my sheets changed especially if there was someone else there before. So they came and changed the sheets. We left to go to some places and came back later that night. My son and I went to our room and my parents went to theirs. When they turned on the lights, there was a roach on the wall, they killed it. My dad woke up in the middle of the night and there was one in the bathroom. The next morning, my parents asked for another room, which was the empty room between ours and made sure the floors and bed were clean. They had no roaches in that rooms.The clerks in the front desk were nice and helped when my parents called about the problems. But I dont plan on staying there again and neither do my parents. As much as the workers were nice there, were not going back and not recommending this place.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephanie S
Manvel
Reviewed 16 March 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights and although the staff was very friendly I would not stay here again. It is not that close to SeaWorld. The floors were filthy! I walked around the first night without shoes and the bottom of my feet were almost black from the dirt. Hair also on the floor near the bathroom. Disgusting! would not stay here again. The internet is not good either....kept getting disconnected.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Comfortable bed, roll-in shower, clean and quiet.Accomodating and friendly front desk staff. I use a wheelchair and all of my accessibility concerns were addressed and accomodated in a friendly and efficient fashion. I would definately recommend this motel to anyone,especially those who have physical challenges and accessibility needs.

Stayed March 2010, travelled solo