“Nice Happy Hour”

Scuzzi's Italian Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Scuzzi's Italian Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,206 of 4,712 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$8 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Scuzzi's is an authentic Italian Grill offering delicious Italian cuisine in a comfortable and classy environment.
Reviewed 8 June 2013

My husband and I went to "First Friday" Happy Hour last evening and had a very pleasant experience. It was our first Happy Hour there, although we've eaten there 6 or 7 times. We sat at the bar rather than the patio as it was still warm at 6:30. The bar was not crowded. Bartenders were very personable. Enjoyed talking to other couples sitting at the bar. (We are in our 60's and they seemed our age or slightly older). My husband had his standard dinner for Scuzzi's - Chicken Napolitana - and we split a Scuzzi salad with Italian dressing (best salad we've ever had - we get it every time we eat at Scuzzi's). I had the delicious Scuzzi shrimp and some toasted ravioli. Each $5 appetizers. With splitting the salad and enjoying the delicious warm bread, that was a good dinner for me. My only complaint is the happy hour wine selection. Can't complain too much for $5 a glass, but it is a very cheap wine - Crane Lake. I looked it up on the internet and it sells for $1.50 to about $4.00 a bottle. I had one glass then ordered a glass of the Guenoc Chardonnay for $9 a glass. It was so much better than the Crane Lake! Wish they would reduce the prices on their other wines for happy hour. For example, $2 off other wines by the glass. My husband drank Blue Moon for $4 a bottle and it was refreshingly cold! First Friday Happy Hour is from 4 to 11 pm so you don't have to rush to get there. That's a plus as we ran into a lot of traffic on the way there on 1604 and didn't arrive until 6:30. Beautiful view from the patio so plan on going back when the weather is cooler and sit on the patio for happy hour.

MaziEnti, Manager at Scuzzi's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Thank you for leaving such a wonderful response. We are glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our first friday happy hour, and that you are regular customers! We will take your suggestions into consideration and appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Third time here with the worst service!!! 1 pm reservations and weren't recognized... 1 1/2 hours with three young children and we were served salad! REALLY?!!?!?!? Several tables around us were flipped twice while here we sat. Do not plan on a return visit. Only redeeming quality is the manager finally acknowledged their mistake and took care of the bill & the food was excellent!

1  Thank Alicia L
MaziEnti, Manager at Scuzzi's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are glad that you love the food, and that we were happy that the manager recognized our mistake before you left. If you have any further questions or comments please email us at scuzzis1604@yahoo.com. Thank you hope to hear from you and see you soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

Recently enjoyed an evening at Scuzzi's with friends. Excellent service with original large portioned recipes which help you remember what is great Italian. Spacious outdoor tables are available but a bit noisy with air traffic.

MaziEnti, Manager at Scuzzi's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your experience with us at Scuzzi's. We strive to perfect authentic Italian food for all of our valued customers. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

This was my first visit and I will definitely be back. The food was fresh, hot and tasty and arrived in very good time. I had the caprese salad which was a generous size and very good I then had a tasty spicy pizza, I can't remember the name but it had green chilli's on it. I shouldn't have, but I managed to fit in the toffee brulee which was divine! Although it was a Tuesday night the place was busy and there was a really good atmosphere. Our waitress was very attentive and the service was spot on.....

Dear Customer,

I am pleased to here that you had an enjoyable experience with us at Scuzzi's. The creme brulee is an excellent dessert choice! Next time try the apple tort! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2013 via mobile

New Yorkers know italian food and this was very good. The service was excellent, the food was great and we really had an enjoyable family dinner.

MaziEnti, Manager at Scuzzi's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2013

Dear Customer,

I am happy to hear that we were able to satisfy your trained New York palletes. We hope to see you again soon!