“So so fettuccini Alfredo”
Review of Toscana

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Navarro
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Beautiful restaurant close to my hotel and great lunch menu reasonable price. Fast service. Disappointed with shrimp fettuccini Alfredo too creamy and just average.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I reserved in TripAdvisor for our trip to San Antonio after our taking in the show Wicked at the Majestic. Helpfull staff, fast service. I had the Veal Piccata and wife had Chicken Piccata both needed more salt as spaghetti was bland. Desserts were good. Wine selection was large but I asked for espresso and they did not have it, a must have for a Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Was here on February 15th for dinner. The only reason they get 1 star is because this website forces you to submit a rating. Went in the door and waited at the hostess station for at least 10 minutes No acknowledgement from any staff whatsoever even though 3 or 4 staff walked right past us. I don't know how long the 3 parties behind us waited but we left and ate somewhere else. Too bad. I will never go back and will be sure to spread the work regarding their lack of customer service.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I have ordered tonight a risotto. Risotto is one of these Italian culinary marvels enabling personal interpretation that is part of the discovery pleasure.

Risotto is not a Chinese rice over-cooked in water - as offered in this restaurant, with a ready to made substitution sauce.

Interestingly when I commented that this is not a risotto there was no comment, no excuse. Probably because they are used to it.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

After touring The Alamo while strolling back to our hotel we decided to get a late lunch. Fewer options on Sunday but Toscana was open. I'm always up for Italian so there we go. The manager greeted us at the door (we were the only customers mid-afternoon) and all our needs were attended to right away. The lunch menu was reasonably priced, food served up fresh, hot and quickly. Two parents and two teenagers all found dishes they liked. Waiter checked on us often. The space is a building corner with floor to ceiling windows to allow downtown people watching.
It is near the Majestic Theater, a couple of blocks from The Alamo and the RiverWalk, so definitely work this one into your meal plans.
We liked it and would return.