I must say that I booked my stay at this hotel before I visited Trip Advisor. Once I read all of the negative reviews I was very nervous about staying here. I even thought about canceling my reservation, but the hotel requires one week notice (not good business in my opinion). Regardless, my wife and I decided to go ahead and stay.
As other reviews say, the hotel is a mess to get to, traveling from one road to the other and then onto the service road of US Hwy 281 to get to the entrance just doesn't make sense! Anyway, we got into our room and I started to investigate things right away. I checked everything - the bed, the bathroom, the shower curtain, the plastic thing that you put in the tub to keep yourself from slipping, the closet (where I found a pair of someone else's socks), the lights, the AC, heater, the door locks - just about everything you can imagine. While I am so busy doing all of this my ever-so-picky wife is smiling at me telling me that she really likes the room! I was bowled over. Here I am scrutinizing every last detail and my wife is in love with the room already. I must say, it was quite nice. The bed was comfy and even though the shower head looks ugly, it is wonderful! The water comes out at a great pressure and you can feel the layers of stress being peeled off of you after a long days work.
Breakfast was somewhat what I imagined it to be. We got to the breakfast area at around 9:15 AM and they close at 9:30AM. You could tell they were starting to not care about how things looked because the food was not being re-stocked. I thought that was kind of cheap on the hotels part, but I can understand where they are coming from. My wife and I found plenty to eat and I personally thought that the eggs were delicious! Overall my experience was decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are an all-suite hotel in North Central San Antonio Stone Oak. Each room features a sitting area with sleeper sofa, 2nd television set, refrigerator and microwave and many other amenities. We have luxury rooms with Jacuzzis or kitchens as well as an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, business center and sundry. Your stay with us is sure to make you feel right at home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Hill Country Hotel San Antonio
- Best Western San Antonio
- San Antonio Best Western
- Best Western Plus Hill Country Suites San Antonio, Texas