“Last Resort” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #99 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Ft.Myers, Fl.
“Last Resort”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2008

This hotel suffers from poor management. The pool area has moldy cushions and loads of cigarette butts. The sheets on the bed had lots of hair and a stained blanket. The carpets in the common area are torn and dirty. This is a dive. Stay somewhere else.

• Liked — location to a select destination
  • Disliked — It is dirty.
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ft_Myers_Fl_BigBill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Mesa, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2008

Stayed here as it was part of a wedding - it was an above average Best Western - the room was spotless as was the bathroom. It could use a bit of updating in the rooms - but for $99 it was just right. It was also in a suburban area - so it wasn't so busy with drive by people...

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dukeswalker
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2008

This hotel was perfect for our Sea World trip. It was CLEAN, the staff were extremely nice and helpful. They serve a full free breakfast. The pool was clean and never crowded, and they even kept it open later for the kids to enjoy. I felt my suburban was completly safe in the parking lot and it was well lite. We will stay here next time we visit, which i hope is soon. *** If you read on a few more reviews, you will notice they were not happy**** PLEASE pay attention to the date, they were reviewed in 2006 - that was 2 years ago. This is not how the hotel is now. Stay there and you will see~ See ya again soon!

• Liked — cleanliness and friendly staff
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank nharris1977
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2008

This was the 2nd time my husband and I stayed here for a romantic getaway. I love this hotel. You can get a room with or without a jacuzzi. There are 2 tv's. The bed is so comfortable. And the rooms had such a romantic feel to it. There is also a free breakfast. The only thing is that it a little hard to get to but it is certainly worth it once you are there.

• Liked — romantic feel of the room
  • Disliked — location (hard to get to)
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerTW
North Central Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2008

I must say that I booked my stay at this hotel before I visited Trip Advisor. Once I read all of the negative reviews I was very nervous about staying here. I even thought about canceling my reservation, but the hotel requires one week notice (not good business in my opinion). Regardless, my wife and I decided to go ahead and stay.

As other reviews say, the hotel is a mess to get to, traveling from one road to the other and then onto the service road of US Hwy 281 to get to the entrance just doesn't make sense! Anyway, we got into our room and I started to investigate things right away. I checked everything - the bed, the bathroom, the shower curtain, the plastic thing that you put in the tub to keep yourself from slipping, the closet (where I found a pair of someone else's socks), the lights, the AC, heater, the door locks - just about everything you can imagine. While I am so busy doing all of this my ever-so-picky wife is smiling at me telling me that she really likes the room! I was bowled over. Here I am scrutinizing every last detail and my wife is in love with the room already. I must say, it was quite nice. The bed was comfy and even though the shower head looks ugly, it is wonderful! The water comes out at a great pressure and you can feel the layers of stress being peeled off of you after a long days work.

Breakfast was somewhat what I imagined it to be. We got to the breakfast area at around 9:15 AM and they close at 9:30AM. You could tell they were starting to not care about how things looked because the food was not being re-stocked. I thought that was kind of cheap on the hotels part, but I can understand where they are coming from. My wife and I found plenty to eat and I personally thought that the eggs were delicious! Overall my experience was decent.

• Liked — Decent price for what you get
  • Disliked — Not convenient to get to
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank classicphoto
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2008

Reserved smoke free room--the entire floor reeked of cigarette smoke. I was told that the left wing of the first floor was entirely smoking and there "was nothing they could do." I stayed on the third floor! No Internet cable in the room and just poor quality.
Management was apathetic and did nothing about it. I stayed on the third floor. Bathroom had mold and was not very clean. Oveall, I would NOT recommend this property to anyone in this area. There are far better and newer hotels in the area off of 1604 and 281.

Stayed January 2008
Crescent, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2007

I stayed at the Best Western Hill Country this past weekend (April 12th - 14th. I was travelling alone with my 3 year old daughter. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Best Western. I disagree with previous posters saying this was a bad place. The breakfast was wonderful. Eggs, biscuits, gravy, bacon or sausage, toast, bagels, cereal, pastries, fruit, yogurt, juice........it was a really nice selection. (however the lady working the buffet area was not very pleasant, she was rather cranky) We never had any problems with there not being enough food, even though we were always there close to the closing time.
The rooms were very nice & CLEAN. Having the fridge & microwave proved to be very handy. It wasn't quite warm enough to swim while we were there, so we only enjoyed the hot tub at the hotel, which was nice.
Overall, I would definately recommend this hotel. It's location is very convenient. There are several places (fast food & nice places) to eat nearby, and also a Super WalMart next door.
My only con is that it is difficult to get to the hotel. I had a hard time finding it the first time, so if you stay there, be sure to print out directions from the hotels website!

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family