“This was the worst hotel I have everstayed in because the room was filthy the ac didn't work n the toilet overflowed.”

La Villita Inn San Antonio
Ranked #282 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I would not advise anyone to stay at this hole of a hotel because of the conditions and the rude service I was given when I requested help. The owner is without a doubt the rudest, uncooperative person I have ever dealt with. He seemed to have no interest in keeping me as a long time client ( I am a professional who travels frequently to San Antonio ). For the amount of money I spent I would have rather have spent an extra $20 to stay at a five star hotel instead of a two star. That is a lesson I learned the hard way and advise anyone who is interested in this hotel to save your money.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank Jenn197

Reviewed 15 April 2011

Owner wants top dollar for rooms like every hotel but does not realize most hotels are updated and cleaner. Room had a bed that sank in the middle, 2 small towels a night stand that the top was all pealed, dirty carpets. Also a smell like foreign food. Stayed 1 night and
left for another hotel. Oh, no coffee and a computer from the 70s. Don't
stay there. Tell them u want to see room before u pay, also he raises price more on weekends

• Stayed: April 2011
5  Thank Tejano101
Reviewed 18 November 2010

I read these reviews and I don't understand where they were getting some of these claims. Somebody wrote that she slept with a chair under the door? The neighborhood couldn't have been nicer and quieter!!! I mean you won't have 5 star service becuase it's not that type of hotel, BUT I don't see where the negative comments are coming from. I had a couple of questions about my bill because I am cautious with any bill from ANY hotel and the owner chatted with me for about 15 minutes to explain it all!! It was like the staff was willing to bend over backwards to make my stay pleasant! It is a basic no frill's hotel but they also don't claim to be a top of the line hotel!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank marcgriffin
Reviewed 5 October 2010

This is a very clean small motel in downtown San Antonio . I was very happy with the cleanliness and service of this motel. I stayed with my family for a few days. If I go there again, I will definitely stay there again. There are so many things to do within walking distance, like the Riverwalk, Towers of The Americas, King William park...ETC...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank travellers117
Reviewed 27 February 2010

My fiance and I stayed in this place a total of four hours..upon arrival we immediately wanted to find another hotel. Not only is the front desk clerk rude but charged us 150 dollars if not more for the time we were there. The rooms look like they were used for prostitution, my fiance is still crying. We were recommended this hotel by someone from san antonio but we will never ever trust this person again. They advertise all kinds of ammenities but we couldn't get the tv to work or get off of spanish language. The "free" computers were e - machines from the early nineties with incompatible internet explorer. I wish we could sue the [--] out of the hotal manager for false advertising and report him to the better business bureu. Do not stay in this hotel.

5  Thank fadedninja
Reviewed 27 January 2010

We have started picking up coupon books at Rest Areas along the Interstate because regular room rates even through Priceline are way out of our budget. The coupons offer descriptions, often are AAA rated and we can sometimes call ahead to see what the vacancy status is at the time. There were a few San Antonio motels/hotels in the book but few that were within walking distance of Riverwalk and Alamo. Parking is often very expensive in this area. We arrived and asked to see the room and while energy saving light bulbs failed to give a warm welcome, the room was large, clean and included micro, frig and A COMPUTER (which we could not get to work for internet but I was able to pirate off someone else's unsecured wireless network nearby). The rate was under $40 and since we were only spending sleeping time in the room for two nights, we were unconcerned about view, amenities, etc. This is not a fancy room but we felt secure on the key only access second floor and appreciated having our car under cover. The housekeeping is probably not up to my home standards but are equal to many finer motels we have stayed in for much more money. The inn manager/owner? was very helpful, giving us a map and directions on how to get to the Riverwalk area. We would stay here again but would be careful about whom we recommended the place.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank lakeside45
Reviewed 19 March 2009

The room is ok, a little smell, but not too bad. The last minutes were frustrating. When checking out, I had some questions about the bill. The guy became angry and had some rude actions.
Secondly, when I first came, the guy agreed with my school's tax exempt form which includes all kinds of tax. But when I check out, he said that I had to pay for city tax, around 11%. I don't mind paying for it if it is the law. But he was dishonest.
If you desperately need a room, that place is ok. But expect some frustrating services.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business