“good servive for cheap price”

La Villita Inn San Antonio
La Villita Inn San Antonio
Ranked #268 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
baltimore
“good servive for cheap price”
Reviewed 3 September 2008

nice room, with furniture and clean restroom. helpful staffs.. with nice location.. and especially cheaper price, that is affordable..

• Liked — room
  • Disliked — nope
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
1 Thank michite23

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Arizona
Reviewed 7 January 2008

After a misadventure with our flight, we found ourselves in San Antonio, on New Year's eve, with no hotel room. La Villita had a vacancy, at an affordable price. Given their ideal location close to downtown, their rate is roughly half of other hotels. The staff at La Villita were very helpful and friendly. It is a quiet, family-owned, modest hotel, very similar to a Motel 6. I found our room to be clean and comfortable. I recommend this hotel to San Antonio sightseers on a budget.

• Liked — location, friendly staff
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank cyberang6
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 30 July 2007

My friends and I booked this hotel on Kayak- it seemed a decent little inn with good prices, just off the Riverwalk. I should have read all the other reviews prior to booking, but alas! This place is an absolute dump. There was someone else's hair on my pillowcase and in the bed, as well as burned holes from cigarettes. The rooms smelled too strongly of air freshener, as if there were something to hide. Walls are very thin, and you hear partying from other rooms down the hallway. We feared to step on the carpet barefoot, and were saddened that we didn't think to bring shower shoes like we used in the nasty college dorm bathrooms. The luggage rack/hanging rod that served as a closet was literally pulling out of the wall and hanging by some screws. My friend actually slept with a chair propped under the doorknob, fearing for her safety by the looks of the place.

I've stayed at a lot of different places- some worse than this. If I were staying in NYC and paid $99/night for this room, I would have realized that this was a typical budget hotel in NYC, and I would have been fine. But in San Antonio, TX? Are you kidding? This place would have been overpriced at $49.99 per night.

If you're booking this inn, think again. You'll regret it!

• Liked — Nothing at all
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these San Antonio hotels

Port Isabel
Reviewed 20 June 2007

The people who are running this place tell you that the riverwalk is just a couple of blocks but it is farther than that. Also, they quoted me a rate but when I paid at check in they were over charging me. I complained about the over charge and they correct it but still wanted to over charge me. This person came out saying that they charge every customer an extra percentage of the rate if the customer pays with a credit card. Although, they did not mentioned it at check in. We argued back and forth and I decided to pay cash because I did not want to be charge the percentage. I would NOT recommend this place to anyone. This place is too far from the riverwalk, people are rude and they will over charge you if you're not careful. Check your receipt before leaving...BE CAREFUL!

• Liked — Not a thing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2007
encarnacion de diaz, jalisco
Reviewed 2 August 2006

i stay in a motel near to san antonio, was horrible, can`t sleep, we left the place, then get to la villita inn, is ok for me, good price good atenttion, poor english, mine too, but no problem, i will be back soon, i love san antonio, if don`t like this place there is more one of them like you.
saludodos to owner

ernesto

• Liked — quiet, atenttion, internet
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank netito
Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2006

My wife and I stayed at this location for a recent convention. When we arrived, it was a big disappointment. The property has obviously been recently renovated. Unfortunately, they chose carpet from the ‘80’s and the rooms were not inviting. The bathroom had a pedestal sink, so there was no place for toiletries. The place wasn’t a dump, but it didn’t live up to it’s potential. We had to walk to the convention center each day. It was not the 5 blocks they told us, and the summer heat made it worse. We knew going in that there was not a pool, but there were three amenities that were advertised: free HBO, free parking, and a computer in ever room w/ internet. Parking was REAL tight, but safe. We could not find HBO, and the computer was a 1995 IMAC that was not even plugged into the wall, not to mention the Ethernet drop. There seemed to only be three people on staff: the manager, his wife, and one other lady, so it was hard findind somebody at times. Our bed was made each day, but the toilet paper and soap were never restocked. I have stayed at some dumps, but for the price I paid for this, I could have gotten a much nicer rooms somewhere else. If your in a pinch, this hotel will do. If not, I suggest looking elsewhere

• Liked — Historic Art district
  • Disliked — It was barely a motel
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank Neoncarrot
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 July 2005

This was the worst motel I have ever stayed at. Nasty, dirty. I still can't believe that we actually stayed here. Do yourself a favor and never stay here.

• Stayed July 2005, travelled on business