“Not My Kind of Lodging”

Arbor House Inn And Suites
Ranked #3 of 41 San Antonio B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Let's start with, I was arriving a day earlier than I had planned so I called ahead and was told no problem, they could accommodate me and someone would meet me with a key for my suite. Upon arrival, no one was around so I called the owner who was having dinner somewhere but said he would arrive shortly. When he did arrive he began telling me all about the place while chewing tobacco and spitting in a cup.YUK. These are very old buildings hence the amenities aren't the best. When I tried to find the thermostat to set the air conditioner it was inconveniently located outside my room in the hallway. The light switch for the bedroom was in the bathroom. Most times when I went to the office it was locked and no one was there. The guest parking spaces were located under power lines that birds roosted on so every morning I had to wash the bird droppings off my car. As another reviewer put it, it should be called a bed and basket instead of a bed and breakfast because every morning a basket containing two muffins, two bagels, and two dishes of fruit salad were set outside our door. It is conveniently located to downtown but next time I'll opt for a chain hotel where I'll get good service and know what to expect

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry W
arborhaus, Owner at Arbor House Inn And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

This customer was cranky from the start. He could not find anything he liked. My staff bent over backwards to please him. All a potential customer has to do is read the other reviews to really see what an experience is like at the Arbor House. Most all customers are kind and polite not this one. We were glad to see him go and he is definitely not welcome back. By the way I do not and never have chewed tobacco!

There are newer reviews for Arbor House Inn And Suites

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We chose Arbor House because of its proximity to the Alamodome and the reasonable rates, but we will return because of several other reasons. The owner Ron and manager Adolph were gracious and accommodating, the James Bonham suite was quaint and clean, and the location was secluded and quiet even though it was in the downtown area. A bountiful continental breakfast was waiting at our door at 8:00 a.m., and the rooms have mini refrigerators, microwaves, and coffee makers. Free wifi is available with a password, but bring your hairdryer! On our next visit we hope to take advantage of the beautiful courtyard area.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

A fabulous quiet B&B just a couple of minutes walk to the Riverwalk. Great for exploring central San Antonio on foot. Wonderful suite with a sense of real character. Warm welcome and great host. No hesitation recommending!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice P
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Arbor House. The suites were not only immaculate but were spacious and cozy. It is a short walk to the Alamo and River Walk. The owner is friendly and makes you feel welcome. I highly recommend staying here.

Room Tip: You can not go wrong with any of the suites
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joel B
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Turn of the century homes frame a very inviting outdoor garden and patio space. Arbor House Suites is charming and a refreshing change from hotels and motels! Spacious rooms, a kitchenette, ample breakfast foods served fresh daily, and an attentive warm host made my stay very satisfying.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CNB129
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My four daughters and I were so pleased with the décor, staff and owner friendliness and being so close to the river walk. I owned and operated a quality b&b in Wa. St. for 15 years and cleanliness is a priority. I "white gloved" our two suites and didn't find even a speck of dust. Wonderful stay.

Room Tip: see photos on net -- explain your need to owner and let him advise your selection
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Norma M
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Arbor House B & B for a recent convention. I was only a block and a half from the Riverwalk and a 10 minute walk from the convention center and hotels. With the extra space, a great porch and an amazing courtyard, I won't stay anywhere else in San Antonio.

Room Tip: Get a room with a porch!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business