Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
US$163
US$146
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio Airport(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$116
Hotel Gibbs Downtown San Antonio Riverwalk(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$145
US$130
HIExpress.com
Omni San Antonio Hotel(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$162
Hotels.com
US$196
US$165
  • Restaurant
Best Western Alamo Suites(San Antonio)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$103
US$117
Omni La Mansion del Rio(San Antonio)
US$174
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Mokara Hotel and Spa(San Antonio)
US$290
US$256
  • Pool
All reviewssustenio restaurantvirtual golfbeautiful hotelfront deskla canterasix flagsresort feeself parkingroom servicesteam roomfiesta texasoutdoor poolhill countryluxury hotelfitness centervalet servicehotel restaurant
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 July 2013

For being about 1.5 yrs old, this place needs some mgmt in customer service and $ for maintenance. The property looks like but from the entrance to the exit, but in between it's in need of lighting, shower sprays, mirrors, elevator stops/drops, spa services, pool umbrellas, hotel activities and a kitchen mgr in this Stephen Pyles restaurant which leaves a lot of room for improvement. Our stay was to celebrate our 20 yr anniversary and we found ourselves celebrating at other San Antonio spots vs the Eilan.

Parking-valet is high but it's much better than walking a half mile from their parking lot to the entrance. No shuttle!

Room Tip: Choose Hillside vs city or you'll look at apts.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jztz
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Went to a business meeting for two days at the Eilan. The parking is nuts. Valet is $25 a day and self parking is a good little jaunt down the hill. Not much fun on a hot San Antonio day. The amenities are plentiful but no ice machine or vending. The bed is the most comfortable ive ever been in. Room was spacious and very quite.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bjcTx
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I stayed at the Elian Hotel for just one night while traveling through Texas. It was the perfect place to stop on my way from Austin to San Antonio. The hotel is situated on a hill right next to the main highway and in close proximity to several shopping centers and restaurants. However, when one drives up the hill to the hotel, the busy streets below seem worlds away. The hotel is truly elegant and beautiful and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My hotel room was great – clean, comfortable and had quite a few additional touches to make it feel special. I ordered room service and the food was delicious and prefectly presented. Overall, a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank kmcitygirl
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Length of Stay: 3 nights, 2 King Spa rooms
Family of Four (children ages 10 and 15)
Ordered Room Service Once: Breakfast one morning (with an extra $20 rolling table fee)

Our family of four decided to give Eilan Hotel a try since we (as a family) prefer smaller, quieter hotels. The location was great for our 4-day stay in San Antonio. In my opinion, Eilan seems more like a nice hotel and rather than a resort.

What we liked:
- great location for family get-away to San Antonio
- near La Cantera Shopping & restaurant area
- near Fiesta Texas; UT San Antonio
- very,very quiet
- rooms are serenely beautiful and very well appointed (Keurig coffee makers, flat screen tvs w/sound system, exceptional bed & bedding); mini-fridge; King Spa room has fantastic shower;
- pool area quiet and fun (and not crowded at all)
- staff at pool area very accomodating & eager to serve guests
- staff very friendly & welcoming
- architecturally beautiful property with nice open area behind the hotel & down the stairs; impressive water fountain synchronized to music. View at night is spectacular.

What we didn't like:
-upon arrival on a Monday, it seems to me (IMO) that they were staffed minimally. Our family of four were the only ones in the lobby with exception of 1 receptionist, 1 bell person, 1 valet driver - no other guests seen in the lobby area, elevator or staircase.
-even though I had no plans to use the spa, I did not like the fact that the spa was unavailable due to, "remodeling"; This information was not shared with us until our arrival. This should have been stated clearly upon phone and/or electronic reservation & stately clearly on their website. (I'm not sure why a hotel in THIS area would choose to do remodeling during the summer.)
-we reserved two identical hotel rooms; 1 of 2 rooms was clean. I did not feel like complaining - but did a quick cleaning myself. (I used a wet wipe and went over most areas of the floor to pick up a couple of stray beads, some very small crumbs near the desk, a cut clothing tag, and a couple of hairs near the trashcan in the bathroom.) Many fingerprints on the window & a few apparent ones on the magnifying mirror in the bathroom.
-I did not like having a knock at our door at 8:45am from housekeeping; After that, I put the privacy tag on our door the night before so we wouldn't be awakened in the mornings.
-when our room was serviced by housekeeping the next day, it seemed to me that the bed was nicely made, trash removed, replenishment of towels given along a precursory cleaning in the sink,toilet,shower area. The floor did not seem to have been swept/vacuumed, nor the only rug at the end of the bed.
-when I made my phone reservation, I specificially requested foam pillows for one of the rooms (due to my allergies) and this request seemed to have been unread. I found 1 spare foam pillow in the closet and we got another one for my son from the other room. We placed the four down pillows in the chair in the corner.
- the only food option at this location is the restaurant (or room service); no mini-convenience store/shop/vending available on the property. If you are looking for snacks bring your own (which is what we did.)
-we noticed an advertisement for virtual golf at the hotel and my husband and two sons (who all play golf) went to the reception desk to inquire about it. My husband was told that they would have to find somebody to unlock the room and find a security person to accompany them and that it also would cost $35/hr. Since this seemed like a costly & discouraged entertainment for them, so my husband decided against it.
-on day of arrival I asked if a shuttle was available to Fiesta Texas and was told yes; the next morning we were told no one was available -so we drove ourselves but did buy our admission tickets there at the desk.
-it would be a nicer property to visit/stay/walk around once most of the empty retail spaces in the area were occupied.

Restaurant:
- We did not visit the restaurant so we have no comment on that. We were told the restaurant does have a dress/business casual dress code so we (Instead) we ended up dining locally at pizza, thai, and chinese restaurants. We did get a chance to dine & visit the (former) Pearl Brewery area downtown (near the culinary institute) and had a very nice lunch at Sandbar restaurant (highly recommended).

Overall, I would say this would be a great hotel for local/in-state (driving) guests or business guests (who have a car or driver) to visit for a quiet & tranquil stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank la_vida_es_bela
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel is built inside a apartment community, which yes you have to share the pool with them. Why would I want to pay $250 a night to share a pool with people renting apartments in the area? The hotel does not seperate itself from the community since you have to leave the hotel to go to the pool area.
The hotel itself is very pretty, service is good, the rooms are horribly setup, we had a corner room which is a couple level upgrade. You walk into the room into a hallway, with the room one way and the bathroom the other. The beds were very nice, and the room was well appointed, but compared to the other resorts in the area, its not even on the same level, for the same price you can stay at either of the resorts in the area which are leaps and bounds over this apartment community with a hotel inside. We checked out and moved to the Westin, which lived up to its hype.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple