“Lovely Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #21 of 356 Hotels in San Antonio
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Lovely Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Located just off of I10 on the North side of San Antonio, this hotel is convenient to Six Flags and shopping. It is part of a designed community concept with condos and shopping however, not many shops are filled. The hotel is new and offers higher end accommodations. The rooms were just lovely and the beds were comfortable. The gym was great and had indoor pool. The onsite restaurant was average but the wait staff was great. Parking was very spread out so we did pay for the valet parking. Overall, loved the hotel. It is a bit of drive into downtown due to San Antonio traffic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
EilanHotel, Front Office Manager at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to the rest of the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Austin
Reviewed 19 May 2014

This hotel is beautiful. The lobby is stunning and the rooms are well appointed. Most staff were very friendly and very helpful. The staff working the front door/valet were all great. As for the front desk - more than once, they were on the phone and didn't look up and acknowledge our presence. It is probably lack of training/experience/maturity. Certainly not a big deal but when I've walked up to the front desk at other hotels and they've been on the phone, staff has had the sense to look up, smile briefly and indicate they'd be with me as soon as they got off the phone.

We used the hotel pool with our 3 year old daughter and quite enjoyed it. There is an adult pool that is quite large and a kiddie pool with splash pad. We were able to enjoy both but noticed the kiddie pool's water level had fallen well below the filter intake so the water wasn't getting pumped through and filtered. Thankfully, we only walked through the water with our daughter so we weren't too concerned about it. We noted they filled the pool to the proper level the next day.

The location is great - very close to plenty of shopping and dining options. We were there for a trip to Sea World and it was an easy 20 minute drive. It is right across from Fiesta Texas as well.

As for the entrance, as everyone has mentioned, it is a little difficult to find. But I had the number for the front desk at the ready and was guided in very easily. Parking is a bit of a walk but nothing any less convenient than what we've experienced without valet at the Hyatt Regency Resort, etc.

One concern was that our room's A/C started to go on the fritz the morning we checked out. it worked great the entire time but we noticed it had stopped maintaining the temperature consistently right when were getting ready to leave this morning. I made sure to let the front desk know when we left.

The bed/bedding were comfortable and everything was very clean. It was pretty much just what you'd expect from a 4 star resort. We had no problems with housekeeping - our room was perfectly clean on our day of arrival and on our second day, when we returned from SeaWorld after 4pm.

I would definitely go back for a romantic get away (no toddler) or with girlfriends for a girl's spa/shopping weekend. With a toddler, going the restaurant wasn't really an option, nor was the spa so I can't comment on either.

All-in-all we truly enjoyed our stay. Our little girl also loved it. She took in the beautiful architecture, decor, color scheme, etc, and said it was all "wonderful" over and over.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor and it was completely quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. We have also noted your concerns and are following up on them. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to the rest of the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here at first weekend of May. I am currently working at a brach hotel of Accor, so I was wonderd how Starwood's autography collection hotel would be. It is amazing when you first see how big the TOWN is. The hotel is owned with its apartment so it's literally a town.

Building, interior are so nice and the cute room and halls are just like a fancy house. We stayed at a Deluxe room where also has a balcony with a bed!! it was unexpected one and we liked it a lot. Room has a very nice shower facility and the rain-forest-shower as I asked. But there is no complementary water, no gown, and guess what? NO Refrigerator!!

We stayed here to go to Six flags and we used the hotel shuttle. But when you think about the scale like this hotel, they should have well trained staff. They don't. When we were back to hotel, we asked the shuttle and the shuttle was busy. The staff told that she'll call us back but we didn't have any answer for like 20 mins and when we finally called her back, she was saying "Oh sorry, I was too busy. I'll call him right away and send him to you." What???

But It's not just her fault. The hotel front desk is too small! literally too small. And they only have one staff or two(only for rush hour). That's why their service is not really qualified. And when we were checking out, the hotel GM(I guess) ran to us and said "We apologize for the unpleasant night you had and want to offer you free brunch". It wasn't us, but please don't aplogize with offering brunch. It'd be better to give their point back if they had terrible stay.

Room Tip: They have parking lot near the hotel but they don't allow you to. Residence First! and They have...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are not affiliated with Starwood but are actually a Marriott hotel. We are following up on the concerns you expressed to ensure they don't happen again. Thank you for the positive feedback We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Reviewed 17 May 2014

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 9th anniversary at the Eilan. The entrance WAS difficult to locate. However, once inside we were very impressed. The hotel entrance had a beautiful floral arrangement which was breathtaking. Marcella, promptly checked us in and very kindly gave us a slight room upgrade when she learned of our anniversary. I had hoped for a balcony, but no such luck. We stayed in room 632 which had a view of the pool area. We didn't have a fridge nor is there an ice machine in sight, but when asked the staff did bring up an ice bucket. The staff was nice. Our room was peaceful, quiet, and beautifully decorated. Our bed was very comfy. I loved the shower. The lighting in the room and bathroom area were difficult to understand. I had trouble when trying to turn on lights in only the bathroom. There was one point when I accidentally turned on the lights in the vanity area outside of the bathroom which was an unwelcome blinding in the comforting darkness. I loved the hot tub and the fitness area was truly state of the art. Overall we had a fantastic stay and would love to return again. Two thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Driving up to this hotel, was like driving to a sequestered palace. The entrance is very grand and well manicured, with hotel staff awaiting your arrival, ready to assist with all requests. I immediately checked in and was sent to my room that could even make Prince William do a double-take. My room was neat, a plethora of toiletries(very important) a scent that was extremely refreshing, as if I had already visited the spa. This hotel is fairly new but the maintenance has been well-kept. A couple of nights I've had late night requests to fulfill my potato fix. I called down to the front desk and was able to get a plate of potatoes 3 nights in a row from a lovely, helpful and friendly hotel staff Mia Checo. Mia delivered my orders each night with a smile and quality service. I can't say enough about how incredible this hotel is and how great the staff here are. If you're ever in the San Antonio area, please do yourself a favor a treat yourself to a night at the Eilan Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to miaso she may be recognized and the rest of the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I took a last minute road trip to San Antonio and stayed at this hotel. It is a beautiful and very tasteful hotel/property. Staff was pleasant and attentive. Very relaxing atmosphere with convenient restaurants, even a Starbucks. The rooms are equipped with Keurig coffee makers, cooler, comfortable bedding and furniture. A game room is off the back patio, where we enjoyed playing a few games of pool. The gym is state of the art, to include a lap pool. The swimming pools and swim area are magnificent as well. We even had spa massages, which is a first, and no complaints there. We will definitely be returning to the Elian. By the way, this is the first review I have ever posted on social media, which means it was worth taking the time.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
EilanHotel, Front Office Manager at Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for choosing the Eilan Resort and Spa for your trip. We are so delighted to hear you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for the positive feedback I will ensure it gets passed on to Salma so she may be recognized and the rest of the team! We look forward to serving you again in the future!
Universal City, Texas
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was very impressed with this property when I went earlier in the month to celebrate my anniversary. The room was spacious and clean, our room had a balcony and it had a very peaceful view overlooking nature. It was a little difficult to find but Selma was very helpful with directions over the phone and once she found out were celebrating our anniversary she sent delicious chocolate covered strawberries complementary for us. We tried Sustenio in the evening and the service was phenomenal, great wine recommendations and good dessert. Our stay was short but sweet and we will definitely go back for a getaway and family vacation.

Room Tip: Request a balcony.