“Everything was fantastic - outside of valet/parking”

Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
Ranked #14 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Conroe, Texas
“Everything was fantastic - outside of valet/parking”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

21st wedding anniversary and had a fantastic weekend with wife. Overall everyone was friendly - however you have to walk a country mile and keep hearing about a phantom golf cart ride, but wow - better wear hiking boots. Pool is fantastic - bring sports coat if you want to eat at hotel - found a little high end, but great food in walking distance as well. We had a blast, room was quiet and really made our 21st special

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We were upgraded to a large "Junior Suite" without requesting it. Linens and decor were appropriate to a 4 Diamond property.

Views of the Texas Hill Country were very nice

Sustenio, the on property restaurant is a Stephan Pyles concept and lives up to his usual high standard. Try the green chili chorizo omelet.

Stayed June 2014
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

During Black Friday 2013 shopping days - we opted to stay here as a special birthday celebration trip and Christmas shopping. We parked our SUV in hotel parking lot adjacent to building, but is down the hill and can not be observed very well from hotel. We took most bags to our room that evening, but did leave a few bags in the back - ours along with several other vehicles were vandalized, windows broken out and all was stolen from the interior. According to police and hotel employees - this is a frequent occurrence for the area. I love San Antonio, but this has really discouraged me and my family. As for the hotel, they of course claim to not be responsible as expected. Hotel is extremely quiet and clean, but make sure valet parks your vehicle close to the hotel in visual range or in underground parking, but will need to ask directly for this.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I went with a friend for a girl's weekend. We expected to do much of nothing which we did however we did take advantage of the Spa, The Shops at La Cantera, Sustenio Restaurant, and Piatti Italian Cuisine.

I loved the decorations- nothing short of luxurious! This hotel loves it's art and fine furniture. I also must complement the floral decorations/greenery in pots. The rooms were a different concept than I've seen with floor that was not covered in carpet. However we were disappointed by the beds. Unfortunately the bedding was NOT up to par- the sheets were not soft (kinda rough) and the mattress was stiff with no bounce. I was left wishing it had a pillow top or that the bed sheets were at least cozy. I did like that our bed had plenty of pillows with a cute chic head board.

The Spa was wonderfully decorated too. There was citrus water and chocolates while we were waiting. I think that it lacked hospitality a bit-no one offered us tea or water once we were inside the relaxation room or told us how long we'd wait. My friend and I got a couples massage and it was great for me however afterwards we found out that we each had a different massage (she got hot stones and I didn't which was odd because we had only asked for the Signature Massage). For all going I do recommend going for the 80 min massage- it's worth it. Carl was amazing on the neck, shoulders, scalp & back. If you want one for the neck or scalp go with him.

I love the little Mercato cafe/shop where we had our Starbucks in the morning. We were very pleasantly surprised to get a small educational insight into Crave Aid where Elizabeth gave us samples of raw juice and explained how raw food is like medicine. We had a great time just chatting with her on that and go google Crave Aid because it was DELISH!

Both restaurants were well priced and had excellent service. The Italian one just down the way from Sustenio was amazing. My friend ordered a pizza with the Agave Margarita (I recommend tremendously) and I had a home made pasta stuffed with lobster and white wine sauce. We both wanted to lick our plates! Sustenio had a classy atmosphere where they were very attentive to us. Unfortunately there were not enough two-seater tables and we sat at a round table which was a bit awkward for conversation for just two people. Maybe we should have asked to sit outside on their patio. The food was also exceptional. Both of us had steak that we devoured. I had lobster with mine that was delectable. Their macaroni was also very delish. Both my friend and I had desserts; baklava was one of them which was tasty.

The gentleman that worked at the Valet were very attentive as well. I liked them-eager to help assist us ladies with our bags and vehicle. DO THE VALET....otherwise you'll get stuck hiking a mile (exaggerating) uphill in the regular parking. Part of the way from the parking to the hotel doesnt have sidewalks...you're almost left wondering if you're stupid for walking this way or if there was another way to the hotel. I'm not the only one who thought that. They need to put signs for folks walking from there on where to go. It was awkward and confusing.

The pool wasn't was I was expecting it to be but what made up for it was the bar/pool staff who were always checking on us and refilling our drink orders. Stephanie was amazing suggesting various drinks and bringing us the bar nachos (which were tasty). But for the next girls weekend I'll be staying at La Cantera next door because the pool area there is better in terms of size and variation in pools and their bedding is superb (I'm a bed snob because I don't get enough rest during my week). I WILL BE however dining at Sustenio again and at Piatti. Those will be staple restaurants I'll visit when I'm back in San Antonio.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Solidsilver222
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My hubby and I went for a quick kid-free get-a-way. In my opinion this place is not I would bring my kids back to because I loved it specifically for the calm relaxing setting. Every detail was perfect! The staff was extremely accommodating and polite. We had the larger king room and it was perfect. Food and drink in Sustenio was AMAZING as were the waitstaff. The only complaint I had at all was that I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
Reviewed 14 June 2014

How much could go wrong. Property looks fantastic, rooms nice, lobby pretty, pools appeared wonderful.....then you stay. It took three rooms to find one that the air conditioning worked properly. First night got in late, room stuffy, turned air down went to sleep, when I woke up sweating room tempature was 77 at 6am....reset temp, left to play golf it was 78 when I came back although I had sent temp to 68. Asked to be serviced, guy came up said something wrong we will move you. Moved to a room, temp showed 75, turned it down took shower it was 76 when I got out. Moved again stayed for two more days and room was never cooler than 71. Then to the shower, if you turned it all the way on and then inched it back, it just stayed hot water. If you slowly turned it on it stayed cold. If you happen to get lucky in your 8 or 9 attempts to get it to stick somewhere you could stand...then boom it went totally cold or totally hot. That happened in both rooms I stayed in. Used valet called them from room 1/2 time car was retrieved, 1/2 time you had to tell the guys your number downstairs where they would then retrieve keys and go get car. Stay at La Cantera, Marriott TPC, Hyatt Hill Country or a good Super 8 they would all be better

Room Tip: Don't exit here
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Daniel J
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We part of a group event - so we didn't have a choice as to the hotel. This is the first time that as a gold member we weren't upgraded or offered the perks of being elite status. I guess it was because we were part of the group rate. The hotel is very nice - but really out of the way - quite far from downtown San Antonio. It doesn't have a resort feel - more like part of an apartment complex. We found the rooms small, and awkward in arrangement. Poor lighting in the bathrooms....hope I didn't look like a clown from putting on too much makeup! The rooms are clean and the beds comfy. We did valet - although our guests used self park and it is really a far walk - especially in the heat.

Room Tip: Splurge and valet - the walk from self park is far and you'll melt walking back and forth from...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business