“Good hotel and near tourist sites”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area
Ranked #159 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 28 September 2012

This is a typical Holiday Inn and was reasonably priced. The staff were very friendly and we had a king suite on the third floor. Parking was free and the hotel was only a mile from the River Walk (we drove over). The bed was comfortable, the A/C worked well, lots of hot water. The bathroom was quite small and the bathroom door would not open completely because it hit the toilet! Everything was clean and the hot breakfast was very good. Unfortunately the pool was being cleaned so was closed. The other problem was that the front desk clerk told us that the parking meters around the River Walk were free on the weekend and we ended up with a $34.00 parking ticket! Staff should not give advice unless they are sure of their facts!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Cindy A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Thank you for your great feedback. We strive to ensure every guest has a great experience at Holiday Inn Express Alamo Suites. I will be sure to speak with the staff in regards to parking in and around downtown. I do apologize for any misunderstanding in regards to this parking situation. C. Albano

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area

Reviewed 9 September 2012

We stayed for three nights in early September late August, the hotel was decent, for the friday and sat night it was fully booked. Breakfast was good on Friday and Sunday , Saturday the front desk staff was workin the kitchen for the breakfast arena and it was bad in terms of no food and not being able to keep up with the number of people in the hotel. The lady who looked after the breakfast on the other two mornings is a tremendous asset to the hotel.
The staff at the front desk was very helpful as well, as the custodian.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We loved our stay at camaron st. holiday inn express. The clerks were great! (good work Jennifer and the night time gentleman) our rooms were clean ...housekeepers very good. and food was wonderful. Breakfast really helped start our days off right, and they were so helpful with directions to the places we were going! I would go back in a heart beat!! (wish we were!)

Room Tip: ask them !
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We almost exclusively stay at HIX or HI because of their consistent excellent quality. This hotel was a disappointment, especially for the price of around $137( before fees/taxes). Oh, and I can't believe you had to pay for internet service on top of it. Carpet was dirty and the room was dingy. Bathroom smelled of mold and urine (a little bleach water can go a long way folks!). The hotel feels very old and dated with a lack of upkeep. I was not comfortable there and won't stay there again. There are a lot of other hotels in San Antonio!
On the upside, the staff was friendly and I didn't see any bedbugs.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and had no problems but this time was very different. We checked in and went to our room and were booked in a double size bed room after making a reservation for a king size suite. The room was not too clean and there was hair on the bed. Gross. After I went to ask to change room the attendant told me that they were completely booked and could not do anything about it. Not a good way to keep customers or make them want to come back. I had no towels in my room and the phone did not work so I had to keep going down to the front desk to ask for things that should have been in the room to begin with. I am really glad that I only booked for one night. I guess I will have to dish out the extra money to rent a higher class hotel next time. We learn from our mistakes.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Antonio-Downtown Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Dear Drgnfli25,

Thank you so very much for sharing your experience with us. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you encountered due to the room allocation, cleanliness of the room and amenities. I am also sorry if we were not able to honor your request due to circumstances. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve the quality and service that we offer to all of our guests.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I would like to publicly share a wonderful experience with a Front Desk Receptionist at this location. Wanting to use my Priority Club points and having loved this downtown location, I selected it for my stay. Priority Club representative continued to tell me there were no rooms available for me to take advantage of my points. Amy clearly and as friendly as possible assured me they would accommodate my specific needs and for the Priority Club Rep to call her directly. It took a wait, but Amy came through for me just as she has assured me. +++ Over and above customer service. Thank you Amy…Hats Off Holiday Inn…

Room Tip: Rooms to the front are quieter. $5.00 cab rides w/Yellow/Green Taxi Service anywhere downtown, 201...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Stayed here during the weekend before 4th of July, and the hotel was full. Rooms and pool were clean, but breakfast could not fit enough of the guests, and the staff struggled to keep up the service and refill.
Had a problem with a live cricket in our room the first night, and appreciated the help from the night shift guy very much! Also had problems with insect bites on ancles when sleeping, and the staff were quick to call in people to rule out bedbugs, which was thankfully not present. Got new linen and was happy they took it seriously.
Location wise, the hotel is within walking distance of the Riverwalk area, if you don't mind 15-20 minutes walking. But other than that there was little interesting things to do around the block.

Room Tip: If you mind noises from the bar next to the hotel, ask for a room away from it.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family