“Good clean hotel”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest
Ranked #143 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It is a new property and looked like it. We liked the rooms and furniture. The only problem was hotel staff. We booked 2 rooms (at the same time) and were given rooms on different floors for 3 nights. We would go next day to see if they could move us on the same floor and they kept asking us to check back later at night. That was the only unpleasant experience causing us to drop the ratings from 4 to 3

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear Jai V,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with our facilities. However, I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the room allocation and staff services. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 3 October 2013

This Holiday Inn is brand new (built in 2012) and it shows. The hotel is extremely comfortable and looks very fresh. The rooms are very spacious and the bedding is fantastic. The customer service is extremely attentive and I have encountered zero negative issues. The location is also excellent, being next door to Fiesta Texas and La Cantera, as well as being within walking distance of UTSA and a short drive down I-10 to downtown.

Their gym is wonderful. Being a new hotel, all the machines are brand new. That is quite the upgrade from typical hotel offerings of old and sometimes dilapidated or out of date machines. Four aerobic machines, a flat screen TV on the wall, along with a complement of free weights and a medicine ball round out the offerings.

As a Platinum Elite member, I received recognition at check-in along with a breakfast voucher and a complimentary suite upgrade. This place is a bargain that cannot be beat. If you are planning on staying in San Antonio, whether for business or pleasure, do not do yourself a disservice and stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This Holiday Inn is close to Fiesta Texas. My husband and I stay here every time we travel to San Antonio. The rates cannot be beat, and it's only a 10 minutes drive to downtown Riverwalk. New, clean and great rates!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Probably the nicest holday inn I've stayed at. Definitely exceeded my expectations based on Brand name. Stayed there while driving through town, staff was very nice. Rooms were larger than I expected. Liked it so much, I stayed there on the way back through.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2013

1 night business stay. Pros - The rooms are very modern and functional! I love that they had two different types of tables on wheels... it made it easy to eat and work while in the hotel. There is a bar and restaurant downstairs that looked nice, but did not have the pleasure of eating there. The workout room was ample for cardio and had a nice view of the pool. Cons - it is in the Sam's club parking lot, which is a little weird (but you cannot access it from the Sam's club parking lot). The WIFI was awful! I could barely get a signal, and when I did, it dropped out entirely.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Nice new clean hotel but when we checked in & went to our room the lock was broken so I had to carry all our bags back down to get a different room. Was looking forward to sleeping in didn't happen due to a fire alarm going off! (We found out later it was burnt toast, why it took 5-10mins to turn it off I don't know!) Then to add to the torture, housekeeping came into my room while I was dressing (abt 8:30 am) the pool was decent size & clean. The beds were comfy, water pressure was good & if not for the fire drill & housekeeping waking us it was a nice hotel. Hot tub was working. Matamoras is a Mexican restaurant next to the hotel very yummy try it if you stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank willncristy
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear willncristy,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding cleanliness.

However, We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding housekeeping and the fire alarm during your stay. We will look into this point. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I loved this hotel, the staff and location was awesome. I was scared from the reviews but I found my hotel beautiful and brand new. The hotel is a year old. The water pressure was perfect and the beds were wonderful. I didn't have breakfast but everything is close by and I mean everything from Sam's club to Target. My room was super duper clean no smell. They had Laundry room and soap for the washer. The sodas have a good price what is the normal prices for a hotel. They have fridge and microwave. Did I say it was so beautiful and clean. The pool was small but very clean and cute with a hot tub. The bathroom was spacious and very clean. I got it for a super price and I love it ! maybe they worked out all the kinks from before since it is a new hotel. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I got the elevator so my kids would not bother others.