“Wonderful Staff”

Ranked #140 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Texas
“Wonderful Staff”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

What a Wonderful Staff. Great new hotel with spacious rooms. Great extras in the room like reading lights over the bed. Nice large couch to relax and read or watch TV. Small sink and refrig that were perfect. They offer you a bottle of water Free when you check in. Great for a family or the business travler. Close to Six Flags and La Canteria Mall. I book third party sometimes last minute and find the best hotels. This lets me try new places and I usually am a loyal customer after, if the experience is good. Some hotels do not treat you well if you book third party BUT at this hotel the staff was great. Especially when I told them I was a club member of there hotel chain. I would have not even know this hotel was there if not for the priceline offer. But I will return now. Hot tub was the perfect temp and Clean!!! The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast. One side is next to a Sams Club but no problem we actually went there the next morning. Thank you staff and managment for a job well done.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lobby side high floor. One side over looks a Sams Club
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank chesterTexas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 18 October 2013

The hotel itself is good, but what makes the experience stand out are the very kind and hard-working staff members. Every employee I encountered went out of their way to assist me, from giving me shuttle rides outside the normal times, to making coffee at 2 am before the breakfast room opened (thanks Cesar!). The location is convenient to UTSA, but unless you have a car, there are not many great restaurant choices within walking distance. The only other concerns involve typical Holiday Inn corporate practices. For a frequent business traveler, the little things loom large. I prefer another chain for these reasons (awful coffee in the room, the "soft" pillows are not soft), I find the beds to be hard). But again, the positives of this location, and its great people make all the difference.

Room Tip: The walls seem to be thin, which was unexpected for such a new hotel. Sadly, hotels seem to be cutti...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank DTownElizabeth
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 11 October 2013

It is a new property and looked like it. We liked the rooms and furniture. The only problem was hotel staff. We booked 2 rooms (at the same time) and were given rooms on different floors for 3 nights. We would go next day to see if they could move us on the same floor and they kept asking us to check back later at night. That was the only unpleasant experience causing us to drop the ratings from 4 to 3

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Dear Jai V,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with our facilities. However, I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the room allocation and staff services. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 3 October 2013

This Holiday Inn is brand new (built in 2012) and it shows. The hotel is extremely comfortable and looks very fresh. The rooms are very spacious and the bedding is fantastic. The customer service is extremely attentive and I have encountered zero negative issues. The location is also excellent, being next door to Fiesta Texas and La Cantera, as well as being within walking distance of UTSA and a short drive down I-10 to downtown.

Their gym is wonderful. Being a new hotel, all the machines are brand new. That is quite the upgrade from typical hotel offerings of old and sometimes dilapidated or out of date machines. Four aerobic machines, a flat screen TV on the wall, along with a complement of free weights and a medicine ball round out the offerings.

As a Platinum Elite member, I received recognition at check-in along with a breakfast voucher and a complimentary suite upgrade. This place is a bargain that cannot be beat. If you are planning on staying in San Antonio, whether for business or pleasure, do not do yourself a disservice and stay anywhere else!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

This Holiday Inn is close to Fiesta Texas. My husband and I stay here every time we travel to San Antonio. The rates cannot be beat, and it's only a 10 minutes drive to downtown Riverwalk. New, clean and great rates!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Midland, Texas
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Probably the nicest holday inn I've stayed at. Definitely exceeded my expectations based on Brand name. Stayed there while driving through town, staff was very nice. Rooms were larger than I expected. Liked it so much, I stayed there on the way back through.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
buckypeekn
Reviewed 29 August 2013

1 night business stay. Pros - The rooms are very modern and functional! I love that they had two different types of tables on wheels... it made it easy to eat and work while in the hotel. There is a bar and restaurant downstairs that looked nice, but did not have the pleasure of eating there. The workout room was ample for cardio and had a nice view of the pool. Cons - it is in the Sam's club parking lot, which is a little weird (but you cannot access it from the Sam's club parking lot). The WIFI was awful! I could barely get a signal, and when I did, it dropped out entirely.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business