“Positive All Around” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #136 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Cotulla, Texas
“Positive All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice over the last month now, once over a weekend, and once on a Wednesday night. Hotel is in a convenient location between Huebner Oaks and La Cantera/The Rim, near many eating and shopping choices. I have not had any troubles, it is always clean, and the staff has been courteous and helpful. It has also been surprisingly quiet if you consider it's location near I-10, especially now that there is construction happening in the area. Ample parking, and a security guard that walks around at night. It is, of course, just a simply Holiday Inn with nothing extraordinarily unique about it, but it's a comfy, clean, quiet bed to lay in!

Room Tip: If I'm remembering correctly, odd numbered rooms are on the south side of the building, which ov...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I hate having to write a bad review. This is my second review and both have been bad; unfortunately.

I really had hoped this stay would be great but it wasn't. And I am not a picky person. Really. I'm very laid back but when I go on vacation I expect a couple of things and that is not to be robbed and a clean place. Well, I did NOT get robbed but CLEAN not so much.

First, I want to say that this place is very pretty and appears to be clean but it is not. I am a Nurse so this really freaked me out.

1. NEVER CHANGED THE TOWELS. How did I know? One of our towels had a stain on it and it was still there 3 days later. They literally refolded our dirty, used towels and hung them back up as if they were new. I didn't catch it the 2nd day because I used one of the towels without a stain and didn't know it was one of my parties already used towels and they didn't know they were using mine. YUCK! My concern is if they are doing this between customers. I will not go into the infections that can occur. But it can kill you. REALLY!

2. NEVER CHANGED THE SHEETS. Again, my concern is if they are not changing between customers. Infection can occur. Can you imagine you are sleeping on dirty sheets. YUCK!

3.The Tub and the Sink were NEVER CLEANED. How did I know? I have Boys there was a RING.

4.The trash was NEVER taken out. I had to ask or take it myself.

5. The toilet tissue was never replaced. I had to ask.

6.The soap and complimentary items were never replaced. I had to ask.

7. The room was never vacuumed. We stayed 4 days you think they would vacuum at least once.

They did replace the coffee and cups we used and they did remake our bed and refold our dirty towels.

The people at the desk were very nice and gave us a discount for the last 2 days for our trouble and free breakfast for the next morning. They gave me clean towels after I freaked out and they did apologized. But my concern is for the public health. This a major issue. This is how epidemics are started. We had several high schoolers die here from meningitis and they traced it to the boys locker room which was not being cleaned by the janitor. Had he been doing his job maybe 1 or 3 would have died instead of 7. My point is this is severe! It can have serious ramifications on the public health.

I travel allot. I just joined trip advisor. I hope to be leaving more positive feedback in the future. I have learned from these two experiences. 1 don't take jewelry with you. It's not even safe in a safe. And to always request towels and sheets and put them up yourself. I'm not saying not to stay here. I am saying be careful and ask for towels and sheets yourself. That way you know they are clean.

Room Tip: I don't really know how to tell you to choose a good room as they were all nice. I'm just no...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Nurse_Swan
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites San Antonio Northwest, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Nurse_Swan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. We deeply regret to see the Cleanliness of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do take all of the reviews that we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Brownwood, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times by myself and with my family. We always book here. It is close to UTSA, new, and has wonderfully kind and helpful staff. Gloria has always gone out of her way to help me. We have several more trips planned and have already booked this hotel for these future visits, one of which is my son's graduation. Becky King - Brownwood TX

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is so nice and clean, rooms are great, beds comfortable. I like that the hotel has a restaurant / bar with good food and drinks. Very convenient. The room design is great, from layout to interior colors. The hotel also has soft water!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Bakersfield, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I had taken my parents out to visit relatives and needed a comfortable, reliable space that we could share. I knew Holiday Inn had very nice suites and booked based on my several visits to other their other facilities.

Unfortunately, our arrival and initial hours were wrought with problems and, after a few frustrating calls to the desk, I left a message for the manager to contact me the first business day he was available - a message I found he never received.

I received a call from the manager the morning I checked out after leaving comments on my bill. His method of handling the critical missteps his guests had been exposed to with the tact and follow through one expects from an established organization. By the time we were done speaking, I was convinced I should use this facility future visits and my confidence in the locations' service was restored.

Location was great. Right off the freeway (IH10) and within (a good) walking distance of WalMart, several restaurants and other conveniences. A Sam's Club gas pump is even within eyeshot for an easy start to the day.

As for the room, the executive king suite was lovely. The king bedroom was quiet and completely sectioned off from the rest of the space. The front room is large and has a roll-out dining room table that seats four.

The bathroom is a relaxing area with a jacuzzi tub and large shower. My only nitpick on the room itself is that there is no light above the shower stall (although the ambient lighting is adequate) and there is no soap tray or any other surface in the shower for bar soap or bottled bath products.

The kitchenette is nice with a deep sink and cabinets in case your stay is long.

We weren't on the property much, so I couldn't enjoy all the amenities. However, we did get to use the laundry as we were there for several days. The large capacity washing machine was very convenient and made the prep to go home painless.

We'll be back. I want to thank "Jay" for making things right.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This Holiday Inn continues to be the best value in San Antonio by far. Being a relatively new hotel, having just turned 2 years old; the hotel continues to maintain a very fresh appearance. The interior decoration scheme for the rooms have a very sleek and modern feel to them and are one of my favorite anywhere. Additionally, from housekeeping, to the front desk staff, to the restaurant staff, all the way up the general manager; the staff are the most helpful you will encounter anywhere and Holiday Inn should be proud to have them representing their brand so well. When you combine the great new property with the wonderful staff, the excellent location, and the great value; you continue having a winning formula.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Enrique R
McAllen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I'm a cake decorator and was attending my cousin's wedding this past weekend, and this hotel was one that was chosen for her accommodations. They allowed me to store the wedding cake when the venue bailed on the last minute for storage. The hotel manager Jay came in early on Saturday to aide in getting the cake from the fridge. The rooms were so comfortable and everyone was so amazingly nice! I would definitely stay here again! Thank you Jay for all your help!

Room Tip: Our entire extended family stayed in different parts of the second floor so I can honestly say there...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family