“So-so”
Review of Bliss

Bliss
Reserve with OpenTable
Bliss is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4,714 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: S. Alamo
Description: We serve contemporary American cuisine in a beautifully restored, yet intimate restaurant. We invite you to create a unique dining experience with each visit. Our creative, chef inspired menu changes daily and features seasonal ingredients. You can dine in our intimate dining room, at a true chef's table in the kitchen, a private dining room or you can choose to enjoy your evening on our outdoor dining patio, open year-round. We feature a fine selection of charcuterie, artisanal cheeses and fresh baked breads. We have an eclectic selection of beers and an excellent wine list designed to suit a variety of preferences. Our restaurant has been consistently rated as one of the best restaurants in terms of quality, service and atmosphere and our passion for being the best creates a truly unique dining experience! Call today or make a reservation online!
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We were really excited about eating at this restaurant, but we were disappointed. The food was ok, my husband had the duck which he liked ok but nothing great - he's had better. I had the halibut and it was very very dry - I almost needed a knife to cut it! And not seasoned well at all. The biggest disappointment was the noise level....this is a very noisy restaurant. The tables are so close together we could hear the conversation of the couples next to us. We had another couple with us and I could hardly hear the person across from me :(. We spent well over $300.00 for four people - not worth it at all.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

We were there for a late dinner with some good friends. The night was so unforgettable (including everything from tasty dishes to very well picked wine and superb servers...) so, we promised to meet here again somehow...

Reviewed 24 February 2013

The menu was small so you would expect perfection. Some glaring mistakes that should not be made at a restaurant of this supposed caliber. My tenderloin was Tough. The hollansaise was lumpy. The deconstructed paella had a tablespoon of rice and about a half cup of peas. The bread was tasteless and dry. Everything needed salt and pepper. On the plus side the seafood components of the paella were great and the wine choices were great. They have a good chartuserie plate that you can choose yourself. Another weak aspect was that Our waiter disappeared and he had a really weird personality. Seemed uncomfortable. The only time he really talked to us was when he gave us the check and gave us a big speech about how great it was to serve us.. The give me a good tip speech.

1  Thank CampHiker
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Great charcuterie, inventive menu utilizing local ingredients. Recently rated Best in San Antonio. Foie gras was splendid thought the accompanying duck was gamey and a bit dry, would have been perfect if tender. Probably attributable to local availability. Nevertheless the atmosphere is more urban chic while still comfortable, great and unique find in this convention town. A wonderful choice for entertaining corporate clients, good for friends outing or date night.

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Mark Bliss thinks he has the only restaurant in San Antonio. Reservation is for 7 and we show up at 7:14. They say, sorry but we gave your table away. If you want to wait maybe we'll have something for you. Ok, i get it, in the name of you maximizing your profits you need to fill tables but dude, just ask me to wait a few minutes while my table is prepared. I get it, I'm late by 14 minutes. I drove as fast as i could without getting a ticket. And then i get a lecture for not being on time and as the hostess says "maybe iI'll be on time next time?" We just left. And to top things off, i see two tables open behond the hostess. It's just a ploy to make you think they are in that much demand. Sorry Mark but you're not the French Laundry quite yet. Please, as if I'm not just going to go to any one of the 50 great restaurants in SA? Could not be more pretentious. Service is a awful. Hostess is a stupid. If you want to be berated and treated like a child then go for it. Otherwise, go to Boiler House or any restaurant at the Pearl brewery.

15  Thank lovetotravel1091