“fab experience”

Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
Ranked #5 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Loved this hotel. On our honeymoon...they put iced cava in our room and arranged rose petals in a heart across our bed, along with strewing them on the floor in a pathway around the bed! Everyone friendly, love the decor, and I agree with another reviewer - the soap products were fabulous!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear lulasforlunch,

We are honored that you chose to stay with us for such an important occasion and It means everything to us to see you enjoyed your visit with us. Special occasions are our specialty.

Thank you for completing the review and sharing your experience with others. We hope to see you in the hotel again soon and we'd love to have you back for some anniversaries. Let us know if we can be of any assistance whatsoever.

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Coming often to san antonio, stayed many times in mega convention hotels which are normal, but priceline by luck gave me this hotel which highly impressed me from the nice smells, candles and flowers all over. Heather was the warmest sweetest front desk agent. Room was spacious, soap in bath was rich. Every detail was really good. I now ask to stay here. One negative, beer at hip lobby bar was at manhattan prices.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear Kaelan,

Thank you for completing the 5-star review. It means everything to us to see you enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again. Just let us know if we can ever be of assistance.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was told I could use My corporate discount since I was volunteering as a nurse for the Red Cross. I gave the operator my CC# and got the conformation number. I just received an email from The reservation Supervisor and now they are not going to honor my discount! Not to mention when I set up the reservations the operator couldn't answer any questions I had about the hotel. Now I have to start back at square one because I refuse to pay $200 a night for a room that isnt really on the riverwalk and you have to pay $30 for Vallet parking!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jolena G
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Jolena G,

It was a pleasure speaking with you about your reservation experience and I'm glad to see we were able to get everything worked out for you. I apologize for the poor service you received and assure you this not typical of our reservation process. We look forward to having you stay with us. We are confident that we will be able to turn your impression around.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance in preparing for you upcoming stay.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We have stayed at this hotel twice and love it. it's at the end of the riverwalk (away from mall) but an easy walk to the Alamo, mall, ripleys and other attractions. its modestly priced and room are nice. I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear CaptainMo14,

We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to complete the 5-star review.

If your travels bring you back to San Antonio, we would love to see you in the hotel again. Please let us know if we may be of any assistance until then.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed over Christmas 2013. The nicest asset is the courtyard absolutely fabulous huge 20 foot waterfall with a fireplace beneath it. We bought a courtyard room with the view paid extra
got a complimentary bottle of champagne and sat on our balcony fabulous. In minutes along came a family with a young kid who screamed and pulled a hissy fit, later on that night guests
partied till after midnite smoking cigars. The next day around sixish someone brought his music
for us all to enjoy. As a guest in a room on the courtyard you hear noises as if they were right beside you. Every day there was an occasion. Badly managed. Pay extra for invasive noises,
that doesn't make sense. If managed with a little insight would be a real asset.
The tv programming is a little undervalued. Texas had three teams plying basketball one night and it wasn't on the tv services provided. Had to go to local bar to see the Spurs play.
They need to look into the business office services. When I got your airline tickets, I had to create an email account to get my ticket. However, when I finished, I couldn't shut it down. In fact I could see with a little backtracking personal business from others before me.
The hotel front desk person couldn't shut it down and their technical services person guessed at it and was successful.
Could be a top notch place, but they have a few things to clean up.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are noisy
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Dante P,

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to San Antonio. Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We apologize for the experience you had in the Courtyard. You should not have been subjected to such an ordeal and it is obvious that we need to spend more time monitoring it. We will review our current routine and identify ways to increase our vigilance in the area.

We currently provide over 80 TV channels to choose from in our guestrooms along with 4 sports channels. We are always looking for feedback regarding the actual channel line up and will definitely take your feedback into consideration the next time we select the channel line up.

We have also involved our Director of IT about the issue with the computers. They shouldn't be retaining information between users and we are sure well be able to correct this quickly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Every aspect of your stay is extremely important to us and we apologize for falling short in the areas you mention. Hopefully you have the opportunity to stay with us again and we can provide you with the 5-star experience you deserve. Please let us know if we can ever be of any assistance whatsoever.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I visited San Antonio for a quick weekend get away. We typically stay at the Hilton or Omni but I surprised my husband and booked at the Valencia. He wanted to stay at another place at $400 per night but he trusted my judgment. We loved it. The beds were up to our standards and loved the room that opens up to the courtyard. The best part..........the room rate was a special rate at $140 and could have passed as a $400 room. Love it and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Loved the courtyard room. Doors open up to courtyard where we enjoyed a glass of wine by the fire.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear ILoveLondon1,

We "LOVE" seeing your review of the hotel. It means everything to us that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you sharing your experience with others.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip. We look forward to having you back in the hotel. Let us know if we can ever be of any assistance.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

This hotel is in the heart of everything right on the River walk. The front desk personnel couldn't be nicer and helped with recommendations and directions. The room was very cozy and clean. Very comfortable bedding. My only complaint is that it is very dark even with all the lights on and the ventilation is terrible. After showering the entire room is steamy. Drying curly hair straight in this environment is very difficult. You can walk to everything in the city from this hotel. There is a Starbucks on the corner. The Alamo is about 4 blocks away. The River walk is right downstairs. If you want to see the missions you would need to rent a car. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again if ever in San Antonio again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Pitch26,

We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for posting the great review and taking the time to mention the team at the Front Desk. Positive recognition like this in invaluable.

We look forward to having you back with us the next time you make it to San Antonio. Please let us know if we can be of assistance until then.

Thank you!