Attended the Valencia over spring break this March with my boyfriend. We both could only take off two days and wanted to go somewhere with the hotel being as much of the attraction as the surroundings, because we planned to spend a lot of one on one time together that we don't get w kids around and to celebrate his birthday. This is the first time we had "splurged" on such a pricey hotel but we both walked away feeling it was worth it and just what we needed.
The first thing was getting there, which can take just about all your patience due to the valet being right in front of the hotel on a busy street, not w a driveway like area that most hotels have upfront far from the street. Only two or three cars can pull up at a time, leaving guests and everyday San Antonians in backed up traffic that can take 20 mins to go the length of a block. At $29 a night to valet, parking across the street and around the corner is a faster ( if u don't have a lot of luggage) and cheaper option. Valet was helpful and prompt once they got to you in line.
Check in was quick and simple, we saved using the SAVE San Antonio pricing and had called a week before to ask for certain amenities like high from the street to avoid noise, late check out and if available a handicap accessible bathroom because they are larger and we didn't need a tub. We also got there way ahead of schedule and our room was ready a whole 4 hours before check in time. Check out took longer but that was the time of day w others all trying to check out at the same time.
The hotel itself in quite beautiful, neat bar and restaurant w plenty of seating indoors and out for guests to mingle and kick back. Ambiance music and dim lighting really make you feel that this is a special trip and help you get into a romantic mood.
Our room was on the 8th floor and had a very comfy bed and nice touches like a huge full length mirror and Katz coffee, which coincidently is the brand used at our favorite independently owned coffee shop where we live! The spacious bathroom ( handicap accessible) was white marble, had two shower heads, one hand held, and a good sized shower seating area that defiantly put some romantic ideas in our heads.
The minibar and honor bar were both stocked full but I'd walk to the CVS on the river a few blocks down before buying a $4 12oz Sprite. Yes the lighting was quite dim but that's one of the reasons we chose this hotel. Our view was pretty good and the shutter like windows were an added romantic touch.
Returning from dinner down the river, there was a bottle of wine and two glasses waiting in our room. After calling down to the desk we found it was a complementary gift for my boyfriends birthday from the hotel! It did take several calls for a wine opener but it was late and hey the wine was free :)
We never had any noise issues, you can hear people in the halls but nothing from any other rooms. Hope the same can be said about us from our neighbors, because the entire vibe of the hotel makes it hard to not get lost in the romance of it all and get a bit carried away haha.
We both agree we would stay here again, it was perfect. I did leave w several bruises from hitting my shins on the edge of the bed as others have previously reviewed, and do call your valet a good 15 min before leaving because it's gets pretty busy. The computers by the lobby and printer came in handy for some quick printing we had to do, and when we realized we left a charger at home we left one of the phones at the from desk charging on a hotel's charger. Wish they had a pool and hot tub, you can see the neighboring hotel's pool from the windows by the elevator and get a bit envious but still worth the high dollar for a romantic break from real life.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the San Antonio River Walk, within walking distance of the Alamo, Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is a boutique hotel in the heart of downtown San Antonio. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or a group or convention. Our hotel is a short walk from the San Antonio Convention Center, downtown attractions and only a short drive to The Pearl, theme parks and various golf courses. Enjoy signature cocktails in Naranja bar and dine in Dorregos Restaurant. Amenities include signature beds with Egyptian cotton linens, complimentary continental breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Valencia Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valencia Riverwalk Hotel
- Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas