Family vacation in early April for spring break. We checked in late at night. When the taxi pulled up the hotel, not one valet/bellman could be bothered to stop texting in order to assist us with our luggage or even acknowledge our arrival. Entered the hotel and had to lug several pieces of luggage, with two exhausted children, up two flights of stairs to reception. We only discovered later that there was an elevator hidden behind the stairwell. We were given a room as requested on a high floor. However, immediately upon entry, noticed foul smell and large white stain near windows. Had to call down to get a new room. Next night, after the kids had gone to sleep, we heard a blaring announcement in the hallway that the "fire alarm" was a false alar. The only problem was that we never heard a fire alarm! Immediately called downstairs to front desk and were told that it was a problem in the kitchen of the hotel restaurant. Not a good feeling. Hallways always smelled stale or foul, all of us commented on it every time we walked in the hallway.
I also received an email during my stay that said I had checked out and enclosed my invoice. So during an all day tour I had to call and email the hotel to straighten that out. Finally, when we checked out, I was charged for four nights of valet parking even though we had not rented a car or valet parked. Staff was never responsive, always indifferent. When I noticed the valet charges on my way out of the hotel, I immediately backtracked to the front desk to have it removed. The young woman pulled an attitude and grudgingly removed the charges. She said it was my misunderstanding of her, I stood there shocked and could not believe what I heard.
I did email and call the General Manager, but have yet to speak to him about these issues. I wouldn't stay at this property again. So many other choices and less hassle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the San Antonio River Walk, within walking distance of the Alamo, Hotel Valencia Riverwalk is a boutique hotel in the heart of downtown San Antonio. Hotel Valencia is ideal for a romantic or weekend getaway, a business trip or a group or convention. Our hotel is a short walk from the San Antonio Convention Center, downtown attractions and only a short drive to The Pearl, theme parks and various golf courses. Enjoy signature cocktails in Naranja bar and dine in Dorrego's Restaurant. Amenities include signature beds with Egyptian cotton linens, complimentary FIT breakfast and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Valencia Riverwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valencia Riverwalk Hotel
- Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia San Antonio
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk San Antonio, Texas