“Quality in San Antonio”

Ranked #11 of 355 Hotels in San Antonio
Dallas, Texas
“Quality in San Antonio”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I love staying at this hotel. This hotel is made for romance as well as bizness. From the drive up to the front desk nothing but class. I highly recommend you stay at Hotel Valencia. If you have any issues ask for Nicole in the front office. This young lady can get it done.

Room Tip: I didn't make it to the Spa or Pool. I wish I would have had time. LOL!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JMarshJr
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear JMarshJr,

Thank you so much for the 5-star review. Sometimes the best reviews are short and to the point, though we are just as grateful nonetheless.

Nicole is Awesome! It will be a joy to share your feedback with her.

We look forward to seeing you in the hotel again the next time you are in San Antonio.

Trent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Earlier this year, I had my bridal shower at Hotel Sorella in Houston and the experience was awesome. The manager Trent definitely set the stage and did everything possible to ensure that our to stay here was memorable, and it was! The ambiance and the customer service was so over the top that my husband and I decided to take a trip to Hotel Valencia in San Antonio. We arrived the weekend of Memorial Day to a beautiful, serene and romantic hotel. Due to the holiday, the hotel was busy and our room wasn't quite ready. We waited maybe 15 minutes, but the manager Alyssa personally greeting us with a smile, had our bags waiting for us in our room and offered us drinks from the bar.Thanks to the outstanding customer service, my husband and I will visit the San Jose location in September. Love, Love Love, this hotel chain!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear T T,

Thank you so much for the great review! It was a pleasure having you stay with us and your positive feedback is very much appreciated. I'm flattered that you mention my name though I feel unworthy because I can't accomplish any of it without the team. Alyssa IS phenomenal and thank you for recognizing her.

We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you visit San Antonio. Let me know if I can ever be of further assistance.

Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I traveled to San Antonio to be with his sister who was undergoing brain surgery. Based on the recommendation of his cousin, we are staying at the Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, and have been treated so well that I wanted to take the time to write this review. The hotel is perfectly located within walking distance to the Alamo and the Majestic Theater. There is a Starbucks on the corner and access to the Riverwalk. The rooms are extremely nice, the staff are very courteous and responsive. I haven't opened a door since we arrived ---the Valet staff are always out front to open the door to the hotel and/or your car. We had the opportunity to meet the General Manager and I can tell you that he and all the staff are so accommodating and professional. Thanks to Chad, Bobby and Nicole for providing this warm restful place for us to return to each day. I highly recommend this hotel for its outstanding facilities and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are top notch!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Kathyts,

It's such a delight to read your review. Being able to share this with the team is very rewarding in itself and its recognition like this that keep us going, doing what we do day after day. We enjoy what we do and we are glad to see that it shows. We really couldn't do what we do without Nicole, Bobby and Chad.

We hope to see you in the hotel again the next time you make it to San Antonio. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance until then.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The best part of the service rendered in my opinion is the energetic and friendly greeting you get when you first arrive. There were three members of the staff waiting to help us get our luggage out of the car and get into the hotel. There is no parking at the site, so be ready to pay just over $30 per night to have your car valet parked. The hotel Design is what I would call Southern European Modern. Very clean and updated. Easy to check in and out and everything worked just fine during our overnight stay. Our King sized bed was very comfortable and the pillows and bedding were in line with an upscale hotel. We did not stay on the river side but were across from the Empire Theatre on the 7th floor. Loud street sounds were never an issue. The location on Houston Street is particularly good if you are going to go to an event at the Majestic Theatre ,which is just across the street. There are several good restaurants in the area and you have easy access to the riverwalk and a nice stroll in either direction. There are private parking lots within a half a block, if you are not a big fan of valet parking or the price of valet parking. Overall a very good option for a stay in Downtown San Antonio.

Room Tip: Ask for Riverside if you want a classic view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tony G,

We appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to write such a great, informative review. Every moment you have in our hotel is important to us and we are happy to see we hit on so many points.

We'll look forward to having you return. Please let us know if we can ever be of assistance.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were in town with the family to enjoy Six Flags and Sea World and a friend told us about the Hotel Valencia. The service was amazing from the time we checked in until we departed. The valet guys were great they always had suggestion on places to eat that were family friendly. Aaron one of the valet guys that was in charge out front was awesome he was always smiling when we would come out to get our car. The rooms were clean and very cool. The kids loved standing downstairs and looking at the waterfall. We ordered room service and the food was great the hamburger was large enough for both kids and my steak was fabulous. Every time we were in the halls the staff would stop to greet us. The really cool part was as we would exit the elevator on of the managers was there to say hello we even got to meet Chad the hotel manger one morning. We have stayed at many hotels and this ones service out did the all of them. My wife and I are planning a trip back down without the kids the hotel is kid friendly but the atmosphere is also adult friendly as well. Thank you Hotel Valencia and your staff for an amazing time we will only stay there from now on when we visit San Antonio!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Dain D,

Such an Amazing review! I feel blessed to be able to share such great feedback with the team. Aaron is an expert at what he does and its great to have his relentlessly positive attitude in the hotel day after day. Thank you so much for taking the time to acknowledge him. Chad's awesome too, we all agree with you.

If we may ever be of assistance please reach out to us. We look forward to seeing you in the hotel the next time you make it down from Dallas.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just recently stayed there from Hawaii and wow was I impressed. Jennifer rocked at the bar in more ways than one..!! Amazing service and class. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed at and I have stayed at a lot.. Oh and they do great government rates.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Xtreme_Diver,

We really appreciate you taking the time to complete such a great review of your stay with us. Positive feedback like yours motivates us to go above and beyond day in and day out.

We hope to see you the next time you are in San Antonio. Please contact us if we can be of assistance.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I've traveled to the Valencia Hotel on numerous occasions both on business and for pleasure. The amenities are fantastic. After a long day of meetings at work, it's nice to come to a place that offers peace and tranquility. The hotel is furnished with exceptional taste, and the comfort of the beds is parallel to none! The staff at the hotel ALWAYS insures that customer service needs are met with the first class service. I've had the opportunity to meet Chad Taylor, the GM and his executive assistant Nicole. It's always been a priority of theirs to insure that my travel experience at the hotel is unforgettable. Of course, the first class service begins before I even depart my vehicle. Bobby Veltman and his staff are top notch folks! Bobby and his staff always greet us with first class hospitality and professionalism. Although every staff member always treats us with exceptional hospitality, Israel, who is under the direct supervision of Bobby, stands out above them all as soon as I pull up curbside. Israel will go the"xtra mile" to make us feel at home. I can't say enough about the hotel and it's staff. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting San Antonio. You will leave with an unforgettable experience!

Room Tip: I've never looked into the use of the pool or the spa so can't comment. I've never had a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear daniel F,

What an Awesome review! It means everything to us to see you had such a great stay. It's great that you mention so many of our team members by name. Each of them are integral to the success of the hotel and I assure you each of them will be recognized accordingly.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with others. We'll all look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are in San Antonio. Let me know if I can be of any assistance until then.