“Texas is so friendly!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Orlando, Florida
“Texas is so friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a short but sweet stay here last week. My favorite in San Antonio by far! The location is perfect and the rooms are amazing and oh so comfortable.
Shawn had us laughing at the bar while we enjoyed a few local draft beers. We didn't feel like having the usual Tex mex like we always do, so we opted to just stay there and eat at Citrus. It
was awesome! We wanted to order everything! Our server Lindsey recommended we get a few things and share and it worked out perfectly. The quail and lobster appetizers were so good! We shared the crab cake and ribeye after and were beyond satisfied. The best part was being able to go straight to our room after!
Every person working had a smile on their face and took such great care of us. Thanks!
This is where I'll be staying next time I'm in San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here on our wedding night. Loved our cozy, clean room and was greeted by a friendly staff when we arrived. Got some recommendations and great help from one of the coordinators, Nicole! Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
Floresville, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This is my favorite place to stay in SA. The hotel is beautiful, comfy, convenient. The service is incredible. Ask for VVIP Coordinator, Nicole.
She made our anniversary stay so awesome. She's polite and helpful...a definite asset to this establishment. I was so glad I called before we arrived. She made sure our room was perfect and our stay was relaxing and romantic. The hotel has a restaurant, Citrus, that blew us away. You cannot miss having breakfast there. Phenomenal!! Food is fresh and delicious. The hotel is in a great location, easy access to the riverwalk. We cannot wait to go back. Planning a trip to the Valencia for my birthday. Don't bother with the other hotels. You are missing out on a class-act if you go anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ginger H
Ft Worth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

A colleague recommended Hotel Valencia to me, and last month I needed to be in San Antonio for work event, so I was thrilled to book a two night stay there. I can't say enough about the customer service! VVIP Coordinator Nicole P. took the time to walk me through the process to get signed up for the VVIP Program. Everyone I came in contact with was great. The room I had was 5 star in every category, as you can see from my rating. My experience was wonderful and I look forward to staying there again and again. I would highly recommend, and the VVIP program is awesome.

Nancy, Ft Worth, TX

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Nancibay
Boston, MA.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Upon entering, the waterfall, low lighting and candles helped you feel relaxed immediately. The staff at the desk were very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and the bed was amazing! so comfortable! My husband and I stayed 3 nights over 4th of July. the location was great- really close to the Riverwalk. There was a great sitting area outside on the third floor that had a waterfall and they lit a fire at night, which was peaceful after a busy day on the Riverwalk. My only negative would be that there is no pool.

Room Tip: We had a city view room on the 10th floor, which was great because it minimized traffic sounds below...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank DonnaS
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

My husband and I decided that, after 34 years of marriage, we needed to have our first date night on the Riverwalk. We chose to stay at this lovely hotel at the recommendation of many, and couldn't be more pleased with our stay. From the moment we walked in, we were treated so well by all of the staff-- we wish we could remember all of their names, but I can definitely tell you that each and every one of them were incredibly friendly and you can tell that they love working at such an awesome place!
How often does the General Manager of the hotel come up and personally greet you?? Chad Taylor did just that when we arrived, and took the time to walk us to the elevator and recommend some dishes for our dinner reservations that evening at Citrus. You can tell how passionate he is about his hotel and the guest experience.
Everyone, from our waiters Logan and Greg, Ivan, who was managing the restaurant that night, to the valet boys (Jonathan, so sweet!), was so kind and helpful!!
The decor is beautiful, the beds are super comfortable (I'm very picky about my mattresses), and the atmosphere was unforgettable.
We will be back and will be bringing our friends to share such a wonderful experience!!!

Room Tip: We had a room with a view into the courtyard-- wonderful balcony and loved being able to look down a...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
Corpus Christi, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Valencia a few months ago to propose to my now fiance, and I still think about it everyday. I recently stayed in a hotel in Dallas, Tx and although it was nice, after comparing it to the Hotel Valencia it didn't even come close. The customer service at the Valencia definitely puts it over the top. Wayne Stout made my trip one to never forget. Mr. Stout will help you every step of the way no matter what you are planning and make you feel like nothing is more important to him. If you are looking for a romantic getaway with a staff that wants nothing more than to keep you happy, then this is the place for you. Ask for Wayne Stout!!!

Room Tip: The junior suites are incredible! Just plan for some loud noise at the Vbar if you are planning to g...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple