“Proposal of my dreams”

Ranked #10 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Corpus Christi, Texas
“Proposal of my dreams”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My fiance proposed to me at the most beautiful hotel in San Antonio, The Valencia. This hotel is one of the most gorgeous hotels I have ever seen! The Courtyard is magnificent, and the Junior Suite is worth every cent. Although there are many hotels that would be considered "gorgeous", it is the unbelievable attentive staff that makes the hotel number 1. My fiance was in touch with a man named Wayne Stout for over a month setting everything up for the proposal. Mr. Stout was so invested in everything that was happening that he even showed up on his day off to make sure everything went smoothly. If you are looking for a hotel that will leave you speechless and full of joy, there is no need to look any further. If you have a special occasion, make sure to ask for Mr. Stout because he helped created a moment in my life that I will never forget. This hotel lives up to its expectations, and you won't be disappointed. I will never forget my incredible stay at the Valencia.

Room Tip: If you want an unforgettable room, go with the Junior Suite!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chinaz G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I would like to say that I really had a great customer experience provided by the Valencia Hotel, I was impressed by the quality of rooms that they offer and the food was fantastic.
Also I would like to recognized the outstanding job from the housekeeping staff, I had the pleasure to meet Mrs Minerva that made my experience in San Antonio more comfortable and I will definitely come back for my business trips. I highly recommended .

Room Tip: I like to recommend the balconies, the view is always gorgeous through the night.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Easy to get cabs/drop off car/get car back. Rooms are nicely designed. Good for the River Walk (early morning exercise/breakfast at a cafe by the canal). Quiet. Relaxed. Subdued lighting. Definite absence of kids. Close to theater district. We like the the Majestic which is 2 minutes away (Eddie Izzard, Pink Martini, Diana Krall, etc). Nice bar in the hotel to retreat to afterwards. Cool. Dark. Nice beds. ZZZZZzzzzzzz.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed on the riverwalk several times in the past. This was one of the better hotels we stayed at. Very happy with the location and customer service. The front desk personnel and valets were very professional and courteous. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Valencia. This place is truly beautiful and everyone was very friendly. Also make sure to check out Citrus, its not your average hotel restaurant. Great food and Lindsey took wonderful care of us. 5 Star!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had a short but sweet stay here last week. My favorite in San Antonio by far! The location is perfect and the rooms are amazing and oh so comfortable.
Shawn had us laughing at the bar while we enjoyed a few local draft beers. We didn't feel like having the usual Tex mex like we always do, so we opted to just stay there and eat at Citrus. It
was awesome! We wanted to order everything! Our server Lindsey recommended we get a few things and share and it worked out perfectly. The quail and lobster appetizers were so good! We shared the crab cake and ribeye after and were beyond satisfied. The best part was being able to go straight to our room after!
Every person working had a smile on their face and took such great care of us. Thanks!
This is where I'll be staying next time I'm in San Antonio.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed here on our wedding night. Loved our cozy, clean room and was greeted by a friendly staff when we arrived. Got some recommendations and great help from one of the coordinators, Nicole! Can't wait to stay again!

• Stayed June 2014