“Valet beware” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
Lewisville, Texas
“Valet beware”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel was lovely and the room was great. A wonderful stay ended with the Valet bringing my car with the rear view mirror hanging from the windshield by a wire. They claimed it "fell off", which is virtually impossible since it is mounted to a metal plate with 4 screws and the car is a 2013. I waited for an hour by my car in the heat while they attempted to remount it. I was supposed to be with family in Austin and was so angry that I finally had to just leave. It was nerve racking driving on I-35 with no rear view and I had to find a Subaru dealer the next day in Austin to have it repaired. I live in Dallas and would not endanger my life driving 240 more miles without it. I called the hotel immediately to report it and have not heard anything from them. A very disappointing ending to my stay. FYI - the hotel has no parking you so are charged $29 to use the Valet, just be aware of any damage to your vehicle.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank elp19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (673)
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk while in San Antonio for a conference. The conference was a different hotel, but I am thankful to have stayed at Hotel Valencia. A few of my co-workers who stayed at different hotels came to visit after I bragged about our room. They also came over for breakfast! The French toast was amazing! I ate it two days in a row. Nick's service was excellent. He answered all of our questions about the menu and knew in detail ingredients the chef used. The entire staff was friendly, helpful, and made our stay enjoyable. I wish I could have stayed longer. The only negative would be that the room was very dark. Even with the lamps on it was hard to see in the room. As they make updates to rooms I hope that is something that will be changed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We've stayed in San Antonio many times on weekend get-aways. The last several times we've chosen to stay at the Hotel Valencia because of it's location and excellent staff. From the time you arrive and are greeted by the valet the focus on customer service and satisfaction is evident. The rooms are well kept and provide a cool quiet place to relax especially after a hot San Antonio summer day. We prefer a balcony room that opens to the courtyard so that we can be away from the hustle of the Riverwalk and enjoy the waterfall feature that is a central focus in the courtyard..

During our stays we've always been impressed with the helpfulness and friendliness of all the staff. Everyone greets you and is willing to answer questions and provide assistance. This not only includes the valet, bellmen, and front desk personnel, but also the housekeeping staff. This commitment to welcoming the customer is special.

Usually we would enjoy cocktails at the V Bar and then chose one of the many restaurants on the Riverwalk for dinner. On our last stay we decided to try the Citrus Restaurant in the hotel. We had been there several years ago and were not impressed. This time was very different. From our first look at the menu our expectations rose.From the appetizer of Gulf Shrimp and Chorizo, to the desert named "It's Kinda Like Lemon Meringue" everthing was fresh and delicious. We learned that the hotel had hired a new chef, Robbie Nowlin, a month ago. His skill already shows and provides just another reason to make the Hotel Valencia the place to stay on the Riverwalk in San Antonio

Room Tip: Balconey rooms that open to the courtyard are quieter and offer a nice place to enjoy a pre- dinner...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

I recently visited Valencia Riverwalk with my family. We had an amazing experience! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by friendly staff and our whole stay was a fantastic. Staff is friendly and attentive. It was very obvious that hotel was sold out, but staff was on the top of their game. Every aspect of our stay was a wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel to both, leisure and business travelers.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I picked this hotel because of all the great reviews. I was not disappointed. From the smiling greeting as I pulled up from a nice young valet name Alec, who's greeting and smile made me feel so welcomed and at home. To the front desk where Bianca again welcomed us and explained all the great things about the hotel. The room was very romantic with the lighting and colors. The bed was so comfortable we were able to get a wonderful nights sleep. We have never been to San Antonio before and wanted to explore at night. We talked to Officer Prescott in the lobby, who was very approachable and helpful. He gave us some great places to dine and places to see. To cap off our stay as we were headed to our car we met Bobby, a manager, who made sure our stay was the best we ever had, and it was. All your employees were great and friendly. The ones we met, Alec, Bianca, Bobby, and Officer Prescott made our stay the best ever. Even the valet that returned our vehicle to us put a smile on our faces. Joe G thanks for that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have stayed in San Antonio many times but not at the Valencia. After finding a great price through Tripadvisor, my sisters and I drove to SA and the Valencia. From the moment we walked in the door, we felt like we were at a Spa instead of a hotel. The rooms were pretty, well kept, and had everything we needed, including a view of the Riverwalk. The food was great and staff treated us like family and some type of Platinum traveler. To say we felt pampered was an understatement. Back to staff, I would like to say to Gloria Murrell and her boss Ivan, Thank You. Gloria was awesome. She was the epitome of hospitality, professionalism, and friendliness. Wow, that young lady is going places, someday. I also want to thank Ivan for checking on us, listening to our tourist stories and to our accolades for Gloria. You would have thought our quality time with Ivan was because we were frequent, honored guest when we were just three sisters on a road trip to a great hotel! Thank you Gloria, Ivan, and the Valencia Hotel.

Room Tip: We spent a lot of time all over the Riverwalk area and meeting family at another hotel near the Alam...
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have visited San Antonio many times throughout the years, but this was my first time at Hotel Valencia. The hotel was beautifully decorated and has a very knowledgeable and friendly staff. The room had a gorgeous view of the Riverwalk and was impeccably clean. Upon check-out we were greeted by the Front Office Manager, George Tays. He was very sincere while inquiring about our stay at Hotel Valencia. As a former hotel sales manager that was very refreshing to witness such professionalism. Also, the valet, Edgar, was extremely helpful packing my car and even asked if I needed directions anywhere. I will definitely be back to Hotel Valencia in the near future!

1 Thank f_katie