“Such a beautiful hotel”

Ranked #10 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
Calgary, Canada
“Such a beautiful hotel”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

From the moment you step out of your car you will be blown away with the beauty, the details, and above all else, the service you receive at the Hotel Valencia. It was our last night in Texas, so we decided to splurge on this hotel, and so glad we did. The valet staff at the front door were amazing, taking care of the car, getting us to the desk, taking care of our luggage, getting us up to the room, explaining everything about the hotel, how to get where, etc, etc. The front desk staff, quick, efficient, friendly, not just a smile on your face friendly, but warm, inviting, and caring. The restaurant staff were eager to please and the bartenders, oh my god, we were in for happy hour and did they ever keep us smiling and laughing. The two bartenders were a comedic duo, too bad we had other things to do as they were so entertaining. The hotel itself if glamorous, the water feature in the lobby, the rooms are spectacular with an amazing view of the riverwalk. Comfy, comfy bed, slept so good that night. It is located right on the riverwalk, which was perfect as that was our main reason for stopping in San Antonio. Totally recommend this hotel, it is close to the Alamo, lots of music one can walk to, and so many good restaurants, if you need any directions or suggestions, the staff is eager to assist you in any way. Great stay.

Room Tip: upper floor with a view of the riverwalk, very quiet hotel rooms, made for a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Trent F, Hotel Manager at Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Reta G,

Thank you for taking the time to post such an amazing review. It means a lot to us to see you enjoyed your stay and we really appreciate you sharing your experience with others. The bartenders are good at what they do and definitely know how to add character to the operation.

Hopefully we have the opportunity to see you in the hotel again the next time you make it down to Texas. Please let us know if we may ever be of assistance until then.

Trent

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I made a resrevation for my self and family. Explained that it was going to be my step daughter's first real vacation. I spoke with Erica Lozano. She was such a greate help. Once I explained that I wanted a memorable stay for her, Erica made sure it happened. She ordered up an amazing gift basket, with a welcome card. She even took the time to hand sign the card. The room was great, and staff was amazing! All of the personnel did a great job, but kudos especially go to Erica, for taking the time to listen to my desire to surprise our daughter with a trip that made her feel so special.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jessica V,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your experience with others. It means a lot to see you mention our associates, and even one by name. Erica "is" amazing. She sets the benchmark high for the rest of us and we are a better team, and better at what we do because of her.

We hope to see you in the hotel again soon. We'll be here for you in the mean time.

Trent
Pine Bluff, Arkansas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

When looking for a great hotel, look no further. We were in San Antonio for our 1st wedding anniversary. This hotel is one of the best hotel stays I've had in a while. They pay attention to detail and satisfy ever customers need. The valets were prompt and courteous, front desk staff were very professional. I didn't get a chance to meet with Nicole, the VVIP coordinator, but she made sure our anniversary stay was amazing. The hotel is decorated with modern styling which is very romantic. The only problems I encountered were my remote control batteries were dying. The maintenance man promptly came and replaced the batteries, I can't remember his name but he was professional and prompt. The second problem was with the feather pillows on the bed, I just cant stand them but I made do with them. Upon checkout Samantha, I think that was her name, my that a smooth exit. Overall, I would recommend this hotel to any of my family or friends. Make sure you sign up for the VVIP program, it's free and has its perks.

P.S. The interior rooms with a balcony towards the courtyard are very romantic at night. The courtyard has a waterfall with a fire display.

Room Tip: Interior rooms with a courtyard view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston TX USA
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My sister made reservations at the Valencia for our three day trip to San Antonio. The hotel is so relaxing and spa like. There was no noise from other rooms, our room was clean and had comfortable beds and pillows. We dined at the Valencia hotel and had the most wonderful service from Gloria Murrell. Gloria made our dining experience perfect. She was thoughtful, courteous and very caring. We were impressed that her boss Ivan even came by to check that our dining experience was suitable. I highly recommend the Valencia!

Poth, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My sister and I visited Hotel Valencia for a girls trip. We had not seen each other in a while and it was a great place for us to meet and have a girls mini-vacation. We signed up for the VVIP program and Nicole was very helpful with all the questions we had. After asking for directions to the King William area, Nicole recommended we visit the Gunther House Bakery for breakfast and it was amazing. Citrus inside the hotel is also a must to dine for dinner or lunch! From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Valet staff and they were very informative. The front desk agents were friendly and always had a smile on their faces. When we visit San Antonio again, we will definitely be staying at the Hotel Valencia.

1 Thank Annette M
Mount Sterling, Kentucky
Reviewed 2 August 2014

NOT what I expected from a hotel of this class. Room phone did not work, 1/2 roll of toilet tissue (told front desk but never received any), LARGE mirror in floor of sleeping area was a safety hazard for my 3 year old, no shower caps, no vents is bathroom so every time anyone would take a shower it heated up the rest of the room. Lots of expensive furniture but missing the main amedinities that I know I could have gotten at the Holiday Inn Express that sit next to this hotel.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I have to admit I was not that impressed when I pulled into the front of the hotel. That is until we met the very informative and smiling valet Fabian. He put our minds at ease by addressing our concerns and answering all of questions and even walked us to the front desk. The front desk was very quick and the room was goregous! Our trip ended with another great valet, Jay, giving us excellent directions back to the highway and evened managed to pack our car carefully and effectiently. Overall the staff was great and definitely made this trip quite blissful

Room Tip: Had a courtyard facing room, it was lovely
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple