“Amazing guest service!!!”

Hotel Valencia Riverwalk
Ranked #6 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 30 August 2014

After a long stressful day of work, I made a call to the hotel Valencia to inquire prices on rooms and what to do during my stay. Sherry's professionalism and patience helped me with all I needed to know (I did have a lot of questions ha ha). I'm definitely looking forward to my stay there and referring friends and co workers there as well. Thank you Sherry.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Valencia Riverwalk

Reviewed 30 August 2014

From the time I drove up to the hotel until the time I checked out I felt very welcomed by the entire staff of the hotel they are awesome very friendly and very attentive to guest needs Veronica the front desk girl was outstanding asking how everything was and how my husband and I stay went when we checked out Bobby the guest service manager was incredible making me and my husband say to ourselves that we found the hotel we will continue to come back to in the future when we visit San Antonio we love it here but the deal breaker had to be the bellhop Mourad I believe it was and the valet Mariano like Mariano Rivera one of my husbands favorite baseball players lol let me just say they were excellent making the stay beyond perfect Mourad was very nice and friendly so eager to help by far the best bellhop we have had and let's not forget Mariano who was so charming and helpful asking if we needed water for the ride and asking if we needed directions we have gps and we know the area but just the common courtesy was amazing he ended by telling my husband and I to have a great day and how the hotel looked forward to having us stay again which we definitely will be doing. Your staff was so awesome I almost forgot to mention how amazing your hotel is from the decor to the peacuefulness of the waterfall as you walk in it is unique from other chain hotels which tend to be boring and outdated your hotel however is so beautiful the one thing I must say I was a little disappointed in was the fact that there was not a pool however that should not reflect the amazing time my husband and I had at your hotel.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This hotel is not only modern but the look of it is very elegant with lots of candles and water wall features! Everyone is extremely welcoming from the minute you pull up to valet! We met Zach first, who gave us a warm welcome and even shared information on an alternative parking garage up a block. We were very tired upon our arrival and must have seemed perplexed in our decision on where we were going to park so he quickly decided to give us a break on the daily rate for parking to help us decide. However; upon check out, George the front desk manager, ended up taking care of our parking expense all together! :-) George is incredibly and sincerely friendly and very helpful with all of our questions and needs while we were there! Israel, the concierge was very knowledgeable of EVERYTHING in San Antonio and always made sure to ask us every time we left the hotel if he could assist us with suggestions or make a dinner reservation for us somewhere! Upon our departure, we met Bobby, Guest Services Manager, who not only thanked us for choosing Hotel Valencia but gave us his business card and insisted we e-mail him prior to our return to San Antonio so that he could make sure to have some sort of "welcome back" amenity waiting for us in our room! Our room was extremely nice, with a very comfortable bed and amazing pillows!! Although I did turn the A/C down to 62 just to get it cool enough in the room... it truly never got as cold as 62 degrees should be; however; I would not let this be a deciding factor to not stay there! I am positive that IF we had said something to George or anyone at the Hotel, they would have made it right for us or moved us to another room!
I appreciated the extra security of having to use (swipe) your room key in elevators in order to access the floors! In addition, the hotel has a wonderful bar and lounge area! Very welcoming and the bartenders at the V Bar are very nice, knowledgeable and know how to make great drinks! The Hotel Valencia is conveniently located on the River walk and within walking distance to numerous sites and great restaurants; including the BEST restaurant in San Antonio Bohanan's Prime Steaks and Seafood!! This is a MUST when you visit! Worth every dollar!! This trip, which we took to move one of our kiddos into college at UTSA surprisingly turned out to be a WONDERFUL mini vacation for us thanks to staff at Hotel Valencia! We have already sung their praises to our friends and highly recommend them to everyone!! We WILL be returning to Hotel Valencia!! On a scale of 1 to 10 we give them an 11!!!! :-)

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful decoration if you don't mind dark. The rooms are very nice decorated and the beds and pillows are very comfortable the bathroom is not that big, the room is dark and all the lightning are dim.
It is located right on the river and there are many places to eat around the hotel.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My friend and I checked into the hotel on Monday and was assisted by Mourad. Being over 60 it is difficult to walk a great distance, but we wanted to take the river tour. Mourad went to the ticket office, 3 blocks away, and purchased our tickets for the tour. He was wonderful in helping both of us and we really appreciated it.

The hotel needs some tables down in the bar area, but other than that it was a wonderful stay. Would go there again.

Room Tip: Close to the Riverwalk. Restaurant is very good.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This hotel was absolutely wonderful from the moment we stepped into the lobby! The candle lit front desk, the warm and welcoming staff and our beautiful room - it was simply a treat. The hotel is small, and rather dark, but it was a welcome change to the hot, dusty, summer heat of San Antonio. It was within walking distance to the nightlife and dining along the riverwalk, yet far enough away from the late-night noise that comes with it. One note: If you bring a car, be prepared to wait 20-30 minutes for valet to bring your car (this was at check-out time so at other times you may not have to wait that long). I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Riverwalk view is the best
Reviewed 27 August 2014

This is an older hotel at one end of the Riverwalk with a dining terrace with an extensive menu.
The rooms are of good size, clean and well appointed. The staff are very friendly and attentive.
Checking in by car is a bit hectic as the street is heavily trafficked.