“Bad service is bad but breaking the law is another!”

InTown Suites San Antonio Northeast
InTown Suites San Antonio Northeast
Ranked #235 of 354 Hotels in San Antonio
New Braunfels, Texas
“Bad service is bad but breaking the law is another!”
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Im going to try to be short because there were so many issues. Unbelievable low quality bed and pillows. Dirty floors and carpets a sink with no place to even put a small item on it no amenities such as coffee maker or toilet paper and a manager (Abril) so rude that my wife and I concluded she has mental issues.

The part that caused me to write a review which I never do (good or bad) was that she became terribly angry when I complained about the dirty room. To make a long story short she refused to take my credit card (though it was good) and I used it to check in saying she wanted cash. So wierd. But when I told her that I could not do it and would leave she said I would lose my deposit. I told her that I would take that up with my bank. I was then told " YOU CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT AN ESCORT" In disbelief I agreed and then was told it would be in an hour since she didn't have anyone there. Stupidly I waited for over an hour. I felt like I was waiting for a bouncer! After well over an hour I called a friend who is an attorney. He told me that it was illegal for them to keep me there and to leave and that if they tried to stop me call the police. I loaded my stuff and left. They like usual didn't answer the phone until a day later when I called to offer the room key back and made mention that I left because I was advised that being retained was not legal. I was simply hung up on. I knew this place was not a high end property but I had never been to a place so low end.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
14 Thank Richard M

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 May 2010

Beware of bedbugs at this location! I checked in on Monday afternoon and had a terrible night of sleep. In the morning I saw a spot of blood on the bedsheet, I thought I must have scrached myself during the night. I actually found a bug on my neck the following night, but thought it was just a bug. It wasn't until I saw my blood spoted sheets in the morning that I realized there was a serious problem. When I informed the Manager of the problem later that morning, they told me that I must have brought them into the room. They came up later and took the headboard off the wall and you could see the nest and eggs. It was clear that I did not bring them into the motel. Their response was; they told me that I had to leave but they would refund my money. They didn't apologize, they didn't offer to try and help me find another place, they told me that I could call their corporate office if I wanted. I did, but received no help. I had to find another motel and wash all of my clothes. This place, Value Place is so much better in every way I wish I checked in here first. Wherever you stay I suggest you check your headboard!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
11 Thank cytocurt
san antonio
Reviewed 2 October 2009

I read some bad reviews here but was sort of surprised. I had an extended stay there for a large poker tournament downtown. The room I had was nice and clean. They did a good job of cleaning it weekly. The manager was EXCELLENT... I believe her name was Abril. For the price, I don't see how you could find a better place. And yes, it is more money weekly than what's advertised but that is just the hotel tax... if you are there for a month it isn't considered a hotel stay per the State of Texas so they give you (and gave me) a complete refund of the extra $20 bucks each week. Two Thumbs Up!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank glockcoma
Philadelphia
Reviewed 23 September 2009

I wasn't looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel (I wouldn't pay the price if I could!) As a business traveler, my needs are very basic...clean, quiet, safe and reasonably priced. The Intown Suites property on Nacogdoches Road met that criteria and then some.

I stayed in a very pleasant room equipped with a full-sized bed, a sleeper-sofa, television, a 3-drawer chest of drawers and a real closet...I also enjoyed a full kitchen (as advertised) with full refrigerator, 2 burner cook top stove and microwave oven. I didn't expect pots & pans, dishes or silverware, so I brought my own. The bathroom was very roomy and had the best water pressure I've ever enjoyed in a hotel.

The entire staff conducted themselves in a very professional manner and were all extremely friendly and accomodating to my needs...from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance. Having had a background in the hospitality industry, I have to rate the staff as a 10 and the room/property at a 9...again, I wasn't expecting a 5 star property. For the price, this hotel far exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone who would visit San Antonio for business or as a tourist.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank RhinoDNA
San Antonio
Reviewed 10 April 2008

Ha ha ha. Okay not funny if you really get stuck in this place, but the fact that it calls itself a suite or anything even resembling a comfortable place to stay is laughable. First off, the advertised price is not what you'll end up paying so add about 20+ bucks to that. Second the room I was in was DAMP. Yes, that's right: damp! I have no idea what that was about, but nasty! I sat in the chair and it left a damp spot on my pants! The temperature was hard to regulate in the room - you were either too hot or too cold. There were stains on the carpet. Big ones. The kind where you wonder what happened, if you know what I mean. Ugly factor - the room was just downright ugly, used looking sofa, worn carpet, worn looking duvet, etc. No pots and pans or utensils so definitely bring your own cookingware (cause we all know how easy that is to do). Anyway, there is just nothing I can think of to recommend this place. If you are from out of town you're going to be annoyed to get to your "Suite" and find nothing to cook with. If you are from SA and can bring your own and you really can't afford a better place then possibly you could suffer through this craphole, but I would only say this place is a very slight step up from sleeping out on the street. And even then, with the dampness in the room I had which made me wonder if I'd end up with some sickness it may not be as healthy.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The Room
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank JaneSays
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
InTown Suites San Antonio Airpor...
#207 of 354 in San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fo...
#195 of 354 in San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio Interstate Hwy 35 North
Uptown Broadway
Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport

Been to InTown Suites San Antonio Northeast? Share your experiences!