“Two month stay - very satisfied” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
InTown Suites San Antonio Northeast
Ranked #229 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, Texas
“Two month stay - very satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Yes, it's just an efficiency apt - you get a bed, a day bed/couch, bathroom, kitchenette (full fridge). Includes TV, cable, phone. This comes far cheaper than a standard hotel. Housekeeping is once a week. It was clean & comfortable. Problems were addressed immediately (burner went out on stovetop - replaced same day) & staff was friendly.

This is NOT a hotel so don't expect hotel amenities. This a great place to stay while you look for a home or even vacation - if you don't require a pool! I would recommend this place with no hesitation. More visitors than you can place in your home? I'd put my family & friends here. No problems getting deposit back either!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Elizabeth G

Eagle River, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

You get what you pay for.

We had no problems with friendliness or personnel. Everyone was professional, though the housekeeping staff was always seen smoking and gossiping. Still friendly, though.

What you pay for: A room. It is more than advertised; expect several fees and taxes, especially if less than 30 days in which the state of Texas won't charge your tax.

Room Style: This is the type of place many people live in as their permanent week-by-week home. There are several folks that have homesteaded there... short or long term, we did not know.

Bed: Full size. We own a queen; this was much smaller. My 6'2 husband was miserable.

Towels: Very low quality. You get three small, thin towels + two washclothes, however they are not cleaned or replaced during your stay. There is a laundry facility that's $1.50 per wash and $1.50 per dry per load.

Kitchen: There are two burners with safety timers but no pans, utensils, plates, coffee pot, etc. If you are from out of town and wanted a kitchenette, you have to buy everything which defeats the purpose. The full-size fridge was nice.

Housekeeping: They will visit once a week. That's all. Once very 7 days. They will vacumm around anything on the floor, maybe rinse out the tub, make the bed and take out trash, that's it. No replacement towels, no rinsed sink (but of course, they don't give you dishes, so maybe it's not expected to be used?).

Rules: They have learned from experience of their usual clientelle. You'll get a pamplet of rules. You could not back into parking spaces. There is a room inspection upon checkout (yet they did not find an entire drawer we forgot, which will be addressed next). They will inspect your cash, pre-charge your credit card, etc. Again, they were never unfriendly with their process, but the process was more than we (seasoned travelers) ever experienced.

Forgotten Items: Though someone checks the room pre-checkout, I'm not sure what they check for. Damage? Trash? In our rush to move to a pet-friendly hotel, we forgot to empty the bedside table with my husband's prescription meds. They were closed Sat when we discovered it and all day Sun. Mon morning we called; the items were most likely thrown out. We never were called or notified (and were accessable). They politely said usually when people leave stuff, they don't intend to get it back. I just wish we had been called, especially since their office hours didn't allow for us to contact them for 36 hours.

We got what we paid for, which resulted ibetween $35-40 a day. We also were paying for pet boarding/daycamp elsewhere for $35 a day (no pets allowed at this hotel). We're currently in a pet-friendly hotel for $90 a day, have more space, breakfast, our dog, huge bed, a pool and clean towels.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank khill73160
New Braunfels, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Im going to try to be short because there were so many issues. Unbelievable low quality bed and pillows. Dirty floors and carpets a sink with no place to even put a small item on it no amenities such as coffee maker or toilet paper and a manager (Abril) so rude that my wife and I concluded she has mental issues.

The part that caused me to write a review which I never do (good or bad) was that she became terribly angry when I complained about the dirty room. To make a long story short she refused to take my credit card (though it was good) and I used it to check in saying she wanted cash. So wierd. But when I told her that I could not do it and would leave she said I would lose my deposit. I told her that I would take that up with my bank. I was then told " YOU CAN'T LEAVE WITHOUT AN ESCORT" In disbelief I agreed and then was told it would be in an hour since she didn't have anyone there. Stupidly I waited for over an hour. I felt like I was waiting for a bouncer! After well over an hour I called a friend who is an attorney. He told me that it was illegal for them to keep me there and to leave and that if they tried to stop me call the police. I loaded my stuff and left. They like usual didn't answer the phone until a day later when I called to offer the room key back and made mention that I left because I was advised that being retained was not legal. I was simply hung up on. I knew this place was not a high end property but I had never been to a place so low end.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
14 Thank Richard M
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2010

Beware of bedbugs at this location! I checked in on Monday afternoon and had a terrible night of sleep. In the morning I saw a spot of blood on the bedsheet, I thought I must have scrached myself during the night. I actually found a bug on my neck the following night, but thought it was just a bug. It wasn't until I saw my blood spoted sheets in the morning that I realized there was a serious problem. When I informed the Manager of the problem later that morning, they told me that I must have brought them into the room. They came up later and took the headboard off the wall and you could see the nest and eggs. It was clear that I did not bring them into the motel. Their response was; they told me that I had to leave but they would refund my money. They didn't apologize, they didn't offer to try and help me find another place, they told me that I could call their corporate office if I wanted. I did, but received no help. I had to find another motel and wash all of my clothes. This place, Value Place is so much better in every way I wish I checked in here first. Wherever you stay I suggest you check your headboard!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
11 Thank cytocurt
san antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2009

I read some bad reviews here but was sort of surprised. I had an extended stay there for a large poker tournament downtown. The room I had was nice and clean. They did a good job of cleaning it weekly. The manager was EXCELLENT... I believe her name was Abril. For the price, I don't see how you could find a better place. And yes, it is more money weekly than what's advertised but that is just the hotel tax... if you are there for a month it isn't considered a hotel stay per the State of Texas so they give you (and gave me) a complete refund of the extra $20 bucks each week. Two Thumbs Up!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
3 Thank glockcoma
Philadelphia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

I wasn't looking for a 4 or 5 star hotel (I wouldn't pay the price if I could!) As a business traveler, my needs are very basic...clean, quiet, safe and reasonably priced. The Intown Suites property on Nacogdoches Road met that criteria and then some.

I stayed in a very pleasant room equipped with a full-sized bed, a sleeper-sofa, television, a 3-drawer chest of drawers and a real closet...I also enjoyed a full kitchen (as advertised) with full refrigerator, 2 burner cook top stove and microwave oven. I didn't expect pots & pans, dishes or silverware, so I brought my own. The bathroom was very roomy and had the best water pressure I've ever enjoyed in a hotel.

The entire staff conducted themselves in a very professional manner and were all extremely friendly and accomodating to my needs...from the front desk to housekeeping and maintenance. Having had a background in the hospitality industry, I have to rate the staff as a 10 and the room/property at a 9...again, I wasn't expecting a 5 star property. For the price, this hotel far exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone who would visit San Antonio for business or as a tourist.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
3 Thank RhinoDNA
San Antonio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2008

Ha ha ha. Okay not funny if you really get stuck in this place, but the fact that it calls itself a suite or anything even resembling a comfortable place to stay is laughable. First off, the advertised price is not what you'll end up paying so add about 20+ bucks to that. Second the room I was in was DAMP. Yes, that's right: damp! I have no idea what that was about, but nasty! I sat in the chair and it left a damp spot on my pants! The temperature was hard to regulate in the room - you were either too hot or too cold. There were stains on the carpet. Big ones. The kind where you wonder what happened, if you know what I mean. Ugly factor - the room was just downright ugly, used looking sofa, worn carpet, worn looking duvet, etc. No pots and pans or utensils so definitely bring your own cookingware (cause we all know how easy that is to do). Anyway, there is just nothing I can think of to recommend this place. If you are from out of town you're going to be annoyed to get to your "Suite" and find nothing to cook with. If you are from SA and can bring your own and you really can't afford a better place then possibly you could suffer through this craphole, but I would only say this place is a very slight step up from sleeping out on the street. And even then, with the dampness in the room I had which made me wonder if I'd end up with some sickness it may not be as healthy.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The Room
  • Stayed April 2006, travelled as a couple
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank JaneSays
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Antonio
InTown Suites San Antonio Airpor...
#204 of 353 in San Antonio
Northeast San Antonio
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fort Sam
WoodSpring Suites San Antonio Fo...
#192 of 353 in San Antonio
Uptown Broadway
Red Roof Inn San Antonio - Airport
Northeast San Antonio
Days Inn San Antonio Interstate Hwy 35 North

Been to InTown Suites San Antonio Northeast? Share your experiences!