“Lots of spirit”

El Bucanero
Ranked #65 of 4,712 Restaurants in San Antonio
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Fun place for families and large groups. Lots of character and lots of noise. Not exactly the best comida, but fun comida.

1  Thank Phlasch

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Molded after top Mexican Seafood restaurants with a large menu and outstanding prices. The Tiliapia ceviche is excellent. Also had the Mariscada de la Reyna a huge dish with, ceviche, breaded and fried fillet, shrimp, chile relleno, rice, mussel, etc. it fed four of us. The oysters on the half shell were fresh. The chips and salsa were very tasty. The beer was cold. The service was top notch. If you like seafood you absolutely have to try this place. You can pay more, but you can't eat better.

1  Thank Daniel R
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Attending an exhibition at La Cantera and a buddy from Houston recommended this restaurant.
Went by the next day for lunches to go and was rewarded with excellent ceviche, both fish and
shrimp, and a great shrimp cocktail. The hostess was a great help, and the servings were large
enough for a meal. This is authentic food which I have not tasted since the beach in Mexico.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very, very good Spanish seafood menu. We had four different seafood entrees and all were in the excellent category. The #50, Filet de Pescado al Mojo de Bjo was a wonderfully flavored fish filet. The #46, Camarones a la Diablo was excellent shrimp, although a little too warm for my taste. The #15, Tacos de Camaron were very tasty shrimp tacos. The appetizer, Molcojete de Ceviche Mediano had an excellent flavor and was enjoyed by all.

1  Thank Vic L
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stopped here first after arriving in San Antonio (airport) and getting my rental car. I Yelped and this place was north and west of the airport and had good reviews. It seems like a place less visited by tourists and more of a locals place. Many parties were here following a day at the SA Fiesta and things were lively in the restaurant but I didn't have any trouble getting a table around 7 PM on a Saturday night. Service was just ok and I waited a bit for my entree. They have free hard tostados (5 inch diameter flat tortilla rounds) and decent salsa in bottles so I filled myself up while waiting. I also ordered a Jarrito mandarin soda. I was hungry and devoured my fish Vera cruz style. It was decent enough although it was fried. I've had this type of fish before at other places and it usually isn't fried. With soda the dinner was less than $25 with tip. The locals wee having a good time and it was a decent place to eat. I gave it a 4, but somewhere between 3-4.