“Amazing, Best Ever. Won't stay anywhere else.”
Review of Riverwalk Vista

Riverwalk Vista
Ranked #31 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Closest to everything- the Alamo, the BEST parts of the Riverwalk (good restaurants, bars, shopping). Amazing room and wonderful "extras." Room had the modern amenities and beauty in a very historic hotel. We were awed by the amazing breakfasts, fresh baked cookies and wine in the evenings.

We will never stay anywhere else! It was an easy drive to the airport and very easy drive to Lackland AFB. We were in town for my brother's graduation. Would HIGHLY recommend staying here :) You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Our room was wonderful- great bed, beautiful bathroom. This is a somewhat more busy section of town...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christi B

Reviewed 30 July 2012

It's been quite a while since we stayed there in January 2009, but I never wrote a review and felt that Riverwalk Vista deserved one. I've stayed at many B&B/inns, and this is still by far my favorite. I liked that it was more like an inn, with a breakfast bar in the morning. The atmosphere was perfect with it being in an old store building. The exposed brick and large windows are beautiful. I remember the bed being comfortable, and we absolutely loved the teddy bear, fish, and rubber ducky; those things added a unique touch. There was music playing in the room when we arrived, and I even remember the place smelling really good! The location is perfect. We could see the riverwalk from our room. We had to pay to park in the parking garage down the street, but we knew this before arriving and felt that it was worth it to be in the middle of the city. We would love to someday go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelCouple121
Reviewed 25 July 2012

We loved the charming and historic atmosphere of this hotel. It combines its historic heritage with very modern comfort. The location is simply great on the Riverwalk!
Highly recommended for your holidays in San Antonio.

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank LightMatt
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I booked here mostly based on Trip Advisor reviews and was glad I did. The location was ideal - across the street from an entrance to the busy part of the Riverwalk and walking distance to the Alamo. Most of what I read here was accurate - noticeable street noise at certain times (which didn't seem to interfere with sleep), floor to ceiling windows in the room, wood floors, quaint, inn-like atmosphere. Breakfast is included (and very nice) and complimentary wine was available in the afternoons. It doesn't try to be an ultra-modern property so those into posh surroundings may not be satisfied, but a very comfortable bed in a great location with friendly staff awaits those who appreciate a more laid back, B&B type feeling. I'd definitely stay here again if I were to return to San Antonio.

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms on a higher floor would be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank PDoug
Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is a beautiful heritage hotel with a rustic interior. The rooms are spacious and very attractive. The washroom is large with a beautiful walk-in slate shower. The bed was comfortable and the room well kept. The room tarif comes with a very good complimentary breakfast and there is a free glass of wine offered at Happy Hour. Coffee and chilled water are available 24/7. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. There is free WiFi in the rooms and the TV has a large selection of English and Spanish channels. The hotel is around the corner from the Alamo and across the street from the Riverwalk, so dining and sightseeing are easy. Be warned, however, that there is no valet service and limited parking for unloading on Losoya St. Hotel parking is in a city operated parkade two blocks from the hotel. It has security 24 hours a day and easy access but the arrangement does make the off-load/on-load of luggage a bit of a pain. The benefits of this hotel, however, far outweigh this minor inconvienence. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Weerobbie
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I booked the Riverwalk Vista based on the other reviews I saw on Trip Advisor. Coming in for business over several days, the Riverwalk was even more than I had expected. It may not be for everyone, but for some it probably doesn't get much better.

The Riverwalk is a historic building which is about a 5 iron from the convention center and a chip shot from the river walk. There are 17 rooms in a 3 story building overlooking downtown San Antonio. The charm and magic of this hotel is all inside. From the hardwood floors throughout along with rustic furniture in every room, there is an immediate comfort feeling when you walk in.

If you are looking for a Hilton or Marriott with bell hops, concierge and restaurant inside this is not the place for you. You are however given some things that are special. Breakfast made each morning that is fresh and unique, cookies at 3:00 and wine at 5:00. Joan and the rest of the staff are attentive and helpful. Free internet is a plus and you can relax in the common area or find a cozy leather chair to camp out and read or work.

When you travel for work and get burned out of the same old cookie cutter chain hotel, the Riverwalk Vista is a great change. I

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike O
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We happened upon this property while planning a weekend trip to San Antonio. The location cannot be beat. We had a quiet room on the side away from the riverwalk. I would highly recommend that side. We could hear the riverwalk noise when walking common areas on the riverwalk side of the building and I would imagine the rooms could be noisy. Breakfast was great and the cookies/wine in the evenings was a nice touch. We had a very relaxing stay. One thing to mention, there is no parking right outside. You can stop to offload luggage prior to parking in the adjacent parking garage. Next time I would simply park and roll my luggage down the sidewalk. Parking in the loading zone was a bit complicated.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple