“Great Find In Downtown San Antonio”
Review of Riverwalk Vista

Riverwalk Vista
Ranked #32 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 6 April 2014

My gal and I stayed at this inviting, friendly, one-of-a-kind hotel on the San Antonio Riverwalk., The Staff in particular were extremely helpful in making our stay memorable. There expert recommendations of sights and restaurants helped us avoid some of the touristy pitfalls and directed us to the REAL "must see" and "must eat at" locations in SA.
The Historic Hotel was perfectly situated, being in walking distance to everything! It had a "days gone by" charm with an intimate, comfortable, relaxed feel. The warm cookies at 3:00 and complimentary glass of wine @ 5:00 were very welcoming. Breakfast, included in the price, was fresh, satisfying and interesting. The warm items changed daily and were imaginative. Hot coffee, and tea were available from breakfast until late night. Rooms were comfortable and clean, though sometimes the street noise was noticeable. Unique rooms with high ceilings, hardwood floors, great showers and awesome towels. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Anton M
There are newer reviews for Riverwalk Vista

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Lovely touches such as free cookies and hot chocolate, tasty breakfast and a characterful and comfortable room.

The rooms fronting the main road are a little noisy and it would be improved further by having ing size or queen size beds (ours was a little small and squeaky).

Room Tip: Try a king size if they have it and away from the main road.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I spent a long weekend at the Riverwalk Vista. It is a terrific location just across Losoya and down the stairs to the San Antonio Riverwalk. We could look out of our 12 foot tall windows and watch the boats cruising the river. It is in an historic wholesale grocer's building. From the outside it looks rather shabby. But our room on the third floor was very large, the bathroom had a stone walk in shower and thick, fluffy towels and the king bed had a mattress custom made in San Antonio with down pillows and comforter and high thread count sheets. Each morning there was a lovely homemade buffet breakfast--both hot and cold items.Each afternoon there was lemonade and homemade cookies. In the early evening both red and white wines were available. There is a common breakfast/sitting area and we enjoyed reading the newspapers and chatting with the other guests. All the employees were extremely helpful and willing to spend time discussing sites, restaurants and giving directions. For the view, the service, the food and the location; it was well worth the price.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front have the fabulous views but the rooms at the back are more quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Loved the unique, historic charm of this place. Gorgeous original hardwood floors and exposed brick everywhere. Expansive rooms, high ceilings, and large windows in the rooms as well as the common areas outfitted with cozy leather seating areas.
Great staff, delicious and unexpected choices at breakfast, along with a cookie and/or a nice glass of wine in the afternoon all make for an exceptional experience.
Being from New York CIty, I'm used to the noise and sleeping with a noise machine, but I can imagine some travelers might be turned off by the street noise. (I suggest they invest in some noise-canceling windows at some point, though that may be very difficult given the size of those gorgeous windows!)
All in all, a great experience in a great location. I will definitely stay here again if my travels bring me back to San Antonio.

Room Tip: I'm sure some rooms are quieter than others, so be sure to ask for a room that doesn't face...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014

The staff was so friendly and welcoming. The hotel had a boutique feel. The location is right across the street from the Riverwalk and is so convenient. Parking is only one half block away. I felt safe in this area. We were close to all the bars and restaurants. Loved this hotel! !!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 21 March 2014

What others are calling charming and historic, I consider run-down and old. Maybe I didn't do my homework and read enough about this hotel so I will just post photos and let you decide for yourself. For $225/night I expect a LOT more than a noisy room with shabby furnishings and poor quality interior that is not well taken care of. You know if they give out ear plugs at the front desk that there is a problem with noise!!! The inn keepers were all very nice and responsive and the breakfast and afternoon cookies were much better than your average hotel fare. I think they can get away with this because the location next to the Riverwalk can't be beat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wishflower
RiverwalkVista, General Manager at Riverwalk Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for the second time about your recent stay with us. I have responded to your first review dated January 31, 2014 and will address this review as well.

We do appreciate your input. We offered to help find different accommodations at another hotel without charging the guest for the nights they have booked. They declined and said they love it here. Perhaps it was a hectic travel day for them and once they were settled in they felt different. They even brought friends up for a tour of their room and the common areas. The Riverwalk Vista is located in a prime location; we are a few steps from all the major tourist attractions which is a huge attraction for all our guests.

We discovered the couch cushion after this guest checked out. It seems the guest was able to arrange the cushions in this unattractive manor for the photograph. We are always happy to address any maintenance issues given the guest notifies us during their stay.

Innkeepers
Riverwalk Vista

Reviewed 9 March 2014

It makes you feel like you are at home. It is beautifully decorated and centrally located. Patty, the concierge, was charming, and the breakfast was delicious.. My 8 year old thought Patty was funny and became fast friends with her. She reminded me of what I like about great small hotels-thoughtful staff.

• Stayed: March 2014