“Exceptional in Every Sense”
Review of Riverwalk Vista

Riverwalk Vista
Ranked #28 of 358 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 10 May 2007

Exceptional in location-convenient to everything
Exceptional in service: email confirmation, friendly note, and pre arrival information, room appointments way above average, food better than restaraunt offerings, love the 2nd floor - great place to meet with clients so they do not have to come to my room, incredible decorating...love the wall hangings, fabulous restoration of historical building, great view on downtown and River Walk. I loved all the extras...complimentary DVD check out, local and world news, complimentary wine in the afternoon...and juices, teas, coffee, etc., all day long. Hardwood floors are gorgeous...I loved the smell of Murphy's wood soap!

I loved the in-room massage I treated myself to, at a time convenient to my schedule! Awesome!

Exceptional are the people...I actually felt like I knew the staff a long time...they made me feel at home. I travel 2/3rds of my year...I have never experienced such a relaxing, welcoming atmosphere.

Stayed: May 2007

Reviewed 7 May 2007

I was lucky enough to find this place online-my husband and I went to San Antonio over Cinco de Mayo weekend to meet some out of state friends. We stayed in the Houston Vista room which was lovely!! The room had gorgeous wood floors, a very comfy bed, huge windows, and a gorgeous bathroom!! The shower was slate with glass door-so pretty. Our windows faced out onto Commerce street, but they have a sound machine in the room, and we weren't really bothered by noise-slept great every night.
The location is extremely convinient to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and Rivercenter Mall-it's really a great location!!

The thing that made our stay were all the unique touches that the hotel provides. For instance, there was a teddy bear on our bed, a rubber ducky in the shower, and a Beta fish in the room!! So original! There were cookies by the bed, and throughout the day they have coffee, tea, water, and pastries set out-then at 5 pm they have wine set out as well. The floors are gorgeous wood-and they have this awesome "matchbox art" on the wall-check it out!! The staff are so helpful and very nice and friendly!
We would definately stay here again-and would encourage everyone to check it out!!
I'll post some pics when I get a chance-email me for questions!!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2007

We stayed at the riverwalk vista during the week of March 5th 2007 for my husband's R&R from Iraq. We stayed in the Depot Vista suite. We loved our visit there. It was more like staying in an apartment on the riverwalk than a hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly but not intrusive. The room was very clean, well kept with a nice view. The street noise can be loud at times but by the time we got to bed we were already exhausted and slept with little interruptions. I've stayed on the riverwalk in other hotels and the street noise is pretty much a problem at any hotel on the riverwalk but I like the white noise they have in the room which helped a lot. If you are a very light sleeper then maybe a pair of soft earplugs, this hotel compared to the others on the riverwalk are worth it!

The shower was HUGE and very nice.

All and all I recommend it for anyone wanting a romantic lil get-a-way!

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank ArmyIntelWife
Reviewed 5 March 2007

My Husband and I stayed at the Riverwalk Vista when we were in town for the Eric Clapton concert. I loved the location...right on the Riverwalk and directly across from the RiverCenter mall. The rooms were extremely clean and the linens and towels were above par. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed checking out all the historical photos they had in the common areas. The only down side was the traffic noise at night. The hotel is located on a very busy corner and the noise was quite noticeable at night. However, we were very tired and it didn't keep us awake long.

One other note regarding our trip to San Antonio, if you plan on taking a taxi to a concert at the AT&T center, make sure you pay the taxi driver to come back to get you. After the show there were at least 200 people lined up for taxis and not a taxi in sight. It was at least 45 minutes to an hour after the show ended before taxis started arriving. It wasn't a pretty sight!

Stayed: March 2007
2  Thank staustin
Reviewed 5 March 2007

Feb 24 - Mar 1 2007. Don't tell anyone..................the Riverwalk Vista is the best kept secret on the Riverwalk in San Antonio.....
We felt like we were at home. Everything was wonderful. The staff is friendly and welcoming and efficient. The rooms are amazing and beautiful, and comfortable. All of the extra little treats, I'll let you discover them, yourself. We loved the ambience. Yes, there was street noise on Sat. night, but that was part of the experience! Loved staying there, hope that we can make it back sometime VERY soon!
Candy & Brett, Vancouver, Canada

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
4  Thank candiceophelia
Reviewed 12 February 2007

We just got home from along weekend in San Antonio,had a great time and especially liked staying at the Riverwalk Vista. I had called ahead to let them know we would be arriving very late,after midnight,and were very pleased when the night watchman met us at the front door as we stepped out of our cab. The room was great,the breakfast and the helpful service was much appreciated and the location can't be beat. There is a little bit of traffic noise,but we didn't find it annoying at all. The hotel has double paned the windows and provided noise canceling machines for you light sleepers.A very comfortable and friendly place just across the street from the heart of the riverwalk. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank billSouthernCalif.
Reviewed 5 February 2007

Stayed at the Riverwalk Vista (Room 301, King Suite) February 1-4, 2007 to celebrate my husband's birthday. The hotel is wonderfully located to all San Antonio attractions. We walked everywhere. Our room was spacious and had a great view of the Riverwalk. (on Losoya Street). The Riverwalk Vista is superb in every way: wonderful linens, complimentary bottled water and cookies, great shower with plenty of hot water, coffee and tea 24 hours a day, delightful atmosphere and decor and wine each afternoon. I had preordered birthday cake and champagne and it was waiting upon our arrival. Check-in was quick and easy. Standard continental breakfast each morning, served buffet style from 8-10. Keycode front door entry makes you feel very secure. There is a lot of street noise and the "white noise" machine they have in this room helps some....but ear plugs are pretty much essential. I used them and didn't have any difficulty sleeping....otherwise, expect the street noise (intersection of Commerce and Losoya and pedestrian traffic) to keep you awake. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting San Antonio. It is cozy and luxurious. We had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple