“Romantic Anniversary weekend!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 353 Hotels in San Antonio
San Antonio, TX
“Romantic Anniversary weekend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2007

After much deliberation, my husband and I decided to spend our first anniversary at the Riverwalk Vista last month and were not disappointed! Although like most other hotels in downtown San Antonio, the Riverwalk Vista is not located directly ON the Riverwalk, but to my thinking, this is not a bad thing -- the location could not be better and I think not being ON the river could cut down on a lot of noise. (We stayed at the Hotel Valencia one year earlier on our wedding night and heard noise from the bar below until well after they closed at 2.) We stayed in the La Villita room and had a lovely view of La Villita and the street down below

The Riverwalk Vista is every bit as beautiful and romantic as the pictures on the website depict. The exposed brick a nice touch, too. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a unique downtown San Antonio experience.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank SanAntonio_Annie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Falls Church, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2007

My wife and I happened to be in town during "Fiesta Week" and the Riverwalk Vista was the perfect "base camp" for all of the festivities. Steps away from the river, right on the parade route, and only a few blocks away from everything else, the Vista was perfect. Yes it got a little loud in the room at night from the street noise, but it more than made up for it in charm, hospitality, and comfort. The bed and linens were great. The shower was awesome. The breakfasts were delicious. The personal touches like the teddy bear, goldfish "Fred", fresh baked cookies, and wine were nice. The staff never disappointed with a recommendation. I definately recommend the Vista and can't wait to come back.

• Liked — Charm
  • Disliked — Street Noise
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2007

Exceptional in location-convenient to everything
Exceptional in service: email confirmation, friendly note, and pre arrival information, room appointments way above average, food better than restaraunt offerings, love the 2nd floor - great place to meet with clients so they do not have to come to my room, incredible decorating...love the wall hangings, fabulous restoration of historical building, great view on downtown and River Walk. I loved all the extras...complimentary DVD check out, local and world news, complimentary wine in the afternoon...and juices, teas, coffee, etc., all day long. Hardwood floors are gorgeous...I loved the smell of Murphy's wood soap!

I loved the in-room massage I treated myself to, at a time convenient to my schedule! Awesome!

Exceptional are the people...I actually felt like I knew the staff a long time...they made me feel at home. I travel 2/3rds of my year...I have never experienced such a relaxing, welcoming atmosphere.

Stayed May 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2007

I was lucky enough to find this place online-my husband and I went to San Antonio over Cinco de Mayo weekend to meet some out of state friends. We stayed in the Houston Vista room which was lovely!! The room had gorgeous wood floors, a very comfy bed, huge windows, and a gorgeous bathroom!! The shower was slate with glass door-so pretty. Our windows faced out onto Commerce street, but they have a sound machine in the room, and we weren't really bothered by noise-slept great every night.
The location is extremely convinient to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and Rivercenter Mall-it's really a great location!!

The thing that made our stay were all the unique touches that the hotel provides. For instance, there was a teddy bear on our bed, a rubber ducky in the shower, and a Beta fish in the room!! So original! There were cookies by the bed, and throughout the day they have coffee, tea, water, and pastries set out-then at 5 pm they have wine set out as well. The floors are gorgeous wood-and they have this awesome "matchbox art" on the wall-check it out!! The staff are so helpful and very nice and friendly!
We would definately stay here again-and would encourage everyone to check it out!!
I'll post some pics when I get a chance-email me for questions!!

• Liked — Location, privacy, very unique!!
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
Fort Hood, Tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2007

We stayed at the riverwalk vista during the week of March 5th 2007 for my husband's R&R from Iraq. We stayed in the Depot Vista suite. We loved our visit there. It was more like staying in an apartment on the riverwalk than a hotel. The staff was very helpful and friendly but not intrusive. The room was very clean, well kept with a nice view. The street noise can be loud at times but by the time we got to bed we were already exhausted and slept with little interruptions. I've stayed on the riverwalk in other hotels and the street noise is pretty much a problem at any hotel on the riverwalk but I like the white noise they have in the room which helped a lot. If you are a very light sleeper then maybe a pair of soft earplugs, this hotel compared to the others on the riverwalk are worth it!

The shower was HUGE and very nice.

All and all I recommend it for anyone wanting a romantic lil get-a-way!

• Liked — The location and atmosphere of the hotel.
  • Disliked — The street noise.
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank ArmyIntelWife
Austin, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2007

My Husband and I stayed at the Riverwalk Vista when we were in town for the Eric Clapton concert. I loved the location...right on the Riverwalk and directly across from the RiverCenter mall. The rooms were extremely clean and the linens and towels were above par. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed checking out all the historical photos they had in the common areas. The only down side was the traffic noise at night. The hotel is located on a very busy corner and the noise was quite noticeable at night. However, we were very tired and it didn't keep us awake long.

One other note regarding our trip to San Antonio, if you plan on taking a taxi to a concert at the AT&T center, make sure you pay the taxi driver to come back to get you. After the show there were at least 200 people lined up for taxis and not a taxi in sight. It was at least 45 minutes to an hour after the show ended before taxis started arriving. It wasn't a pretty sight!

Stayed March 2007
2 Thank staustin
Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2007

Feb 24 - Mar 1 2007. Don't tell anyone..................the Riverwalk Vista is the best kept secret on the Riverwalk in San Antonio.....
We felt like we were at home. Everything was wonderful. The staff is friendly and welcoming and efficient. The rooms are amazing and beautiful, and comfortable. All of the extra little treats, I'll let you discover them, yourself. We loved the ambience. Yes, there was street noise on Sat. night, but that was part of the experience! Loved staying there, hope that we can make it back sometime VERY soon!
Candy & Brett, Vancouver, Canada

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business