“Lots of Character”
Review of Riverwalk Vista

Riverwalk Vista
Ranked #35 of 357 Hotels in San Antonio
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I spent three nights at the Riverwalk Vista while visiting San Antonio for a professional conference. I selected the hotel based on its Trip Advisor reviews. This is a very nice, small hotel in an historic building with a lot of character. It is not immediately on the river, but overlooks the Riverwalk. It is also very centrally located and is close to the convention center.

The entire hotel has wood floors, including the rooms, which sport giant 10' windows. There are old photos of San Antonio and the property throughout the property. The bed was very comfortable, the linens were high quality, and it had nice amenities like free bottled water in the room, continental breakfast in the morning, cookies throughout the day, and wine in the early evening. As mentioned above, it is a small hotel and the office was typically staffed by one (friendly and helpful) employee.

My only criticism is that, while the hotel has free wireless, it didn't have the juice to reach me in room 302. There is also wired internet in the rooms, but that didn't help me use my iPad.

If I return to San Antonio, I will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Saltrat

Reviewed 11 October 2010

Great location if you are a walker and want access to almost all of S.A.
Hotel is staffed by nice people, but housekeeping needs to be more attentive.
Not for families - great for those looking for quiet and relaxation.
Simple with few amenities.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1ellabella
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Loved the small hotel with it's Texas vibe and it's laid back environment. While there are glitzier hotels in San Antonio- this one suited very nicely.

To be aware: parking is offsite in a commercial garage. There are steps to get up to the front door. Rooms can be a little loud on the weekend, but do have fans to block much of the noise.

The rooms are all hardwood floors. Beds very comfortable. The staff is friendly and even accommodated my very early schedule each day. The in room massage service was very nice. Wine each evening was a nice touch as well.

If you are looking for quaint boutique, this is excellent choice. If you are looking for luxurious large hotel with extensive service, I would choose someplace else.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank kelangst
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Location couldn't be better- in fact, it's too good. Got woken-up every night after 2am as the Riverwalk area bars were closing. We were on the 2nd floor- maybe the 3rd is quieter though I doubt much, and all rooms face the street. But price for location is probably a good deal still. Unsure why our room rate had to go up on the weekend, though.

The rooms are big and lots of nicely refurfished wood floors, doors, casings, etc. Comfortable bed, very clean overall. Could have used one or two more ?photos or something on the walls. Front desk staff pleasant and helpful. Minor issues- the tp holder in our b-rm was broken, the shower adjuster/tightener gizmo didn't hold up very well and the alarm clock wasn't set for the correct hour (& it took me quite a while to figure it out!). Given the place doesn't have many rooms I guess I was surprised to find issues at all.

I was at a conference early every AM (see above sleeping issue) so can't speak to the breakfast, but the afternoon cookies & lemonade were yummy and the evening wine very pleasant as well.

There's a few steps to get your bags to the first floor then elevator to 2nd and 3rd. (Not sure who'd be there to help with bags if you needed.) Oddly, there's a McDonald's on the 1st floor, probably making the noise worse, but you wouldn't know it otherwise.

I usually don't say this, but if I had the choice, I wouldn't go back because of the noise.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank NewHavenTraveller
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I stayed here for 5 nights during a professional conference and chose it due to reviews on TA. The inn exceeded all my expectations! It is right in the middle of attractions in downtown San Antonio, overlooks the Riverwalk (just cross the street, go down the stairs and you are there)! The convention center is a short walk away, the mall one block up. The rooms have character but do not leave out the comfort; the staff go out of their way to be helpful. Breakfast was delicious, with choices of hot or cold food. As I needed to go to my conference some mornings before breakfast was set out, the inn keeper gave me yogurt, fruit and an oatmeal bar to keep in my fridge in the room the nights before, so I had a decent breakfast. I did not find the inn any noisier than many other places I have stayed; the white noise machine lulled me to sleep easily each night. It's a beautiful place to spend the night in a historical city!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2010

What a great hotel! It is right across the street from the Riverwalk. We had a great view from the Hugman Suite. Each day there is a fresh breakfast from 8-10 with quiche, cereals, homemade bread, and more. There are cookies at 3 and wine at 5. The room was amazing with a fantastic bed, white noise machines and a beautiful bathroom. The service was outstanding as well - everyone who worked there was so friendly and helpful! Would recommend this place to everyone!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2010

Recently stayed overnight in this lovely hotel and will return to it each time I visit San Antonio. The doorway entrance is somewhat hidden, but if you follow the directions they provide, you can find it easily. We followed their instructions to park in the nearby loading dock to drop off our bags. After they rang us into the building, we were greeted as we exited the elevator and taken directly to our room. We then drove one block away to the parking garage recommended by them. The garage was so close that upon check-out, we just wheeled our suitcase directly to the car from the hotel. At the hotel, the 17 foot tall windows are as wonderful as other reviewers describe. The fresh baked cookies, the wine in the early evening and the breakfast the following morning made us feel as if we were staying in someone’s home. The leather furniture in all of the sitting areas throughout the building were welcoming and we almost decided to stay indoors rather than visit the Riverwalk. But we eventually did, and it is a quick walk across the street and down some steps. You can’t get any more convenient than that. We had been concerned with street noise, but the provided white noise machines worked perfectly. The bed was one of the most comfortable I've found traveling causing us to sleep in late the following morning, something we never do. Throughout the building, there were books to read, games to play, antiques to explore, even classic movies which could be checked out and watched in your room’s DVD player. The shower was refreshing and the provided bath amenities were luxurious. All in all, this is a wonderful and unique hotel that offers a great value in a fantastic location.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple