“A Historical Must see!”

Kiddie Park
Ranked #72 of 270 things to do in San Antonio
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Kiddie Park is the perfect place for children and adults to enjoy a nostalgic day of old-fashioned fun at one of San Antonio's most treasured landmarks! Established in 1925 and renovated in 2009, Kiddie Park is America's oldest children's amusement park! Kiddie Park has preserved its 1920's style by maintaining all of the original rides, while updating the park with modern facilities. Guests can enjoy the parks' old-fashioned ferris wheel and famous hand-carved Herschell Spillman carousel, as well as other classic kids' rides that have made Kiddie Park an iconic San Antonio attraction for over 90 years! We also host birthday parties, private parties, and company events!
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This little park has been around forever! I think I remember someone saying it is the oldest kiddie carnival in Texas. The rides are mostly for children 6 and below in my opinion. I have been taking my son since he was 2. The staff.........not friendly at all. Every time I go it's always the same. It doesn't bother me at all though. My son still enjoys it. It is very small but very entertaining.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Great older rides with heavy nostalgia on a corner lot near the San Antonio Zoo. We were not sure what to expect, but it was great, small collection of rides including a carousel from 1918, and many other rides that went in a circle...perfect for our 2 and 3 year old. They had a lot of parties going on the Sunday afternoon we were there, but they had ample picnic tables for parties. The rides were a little high - 2.50 a piece, but I can totally understand the cost of keeping some of these older rides going. My 3 year old was a little apprehensive at first, but he warmed up to riding the boats and cars fairly quickly. The parking was off to the side of the park in a gravel lot next to a convienence store, but they had an attendant directing cars to open spots. All the attendants were friendly and helpful and this really made a big difference! Would come back just for the retro vibe and family atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Its a great fun place to take your kids! Alot of birtday parties are held here; its traditional since this place has been open for "a long time" to take your kids where you went as a kid. They have food and drinks and places to sit, the parking may be a little rough, but definitly worth trying out.

Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

My 4 preschool grandchildren enjoyed the park. It also caters to birthday parties 8 rides in all. Very shady so nice on a warm day.

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Kiddie park has been there forever. I went there as a kid and now I am over 60. It is small, but for kids it is great fun. I thought when Sea World and Six Flags came it would have to go, but it is the little park that can.